Radiator Bleed screw rounded off

These valves replace the existing tails, they are the same, I have no idea what you are thinking about, this is a simple mod to your existing radiator! View attachment 426817
this is one of mine

and an unmodded valveView attachment 426827
Putting these valves in both ends allows you to isolate the water in the radiator, if you can’t see how this works, perhaps you should consult a plumber!

Where are you ?

Those pipes look as if they're solvent weld..... never seen that in the UK

But the ones shown above will require a threaded end for them to fit into.That will look ugly.
If you look on Screwfix, or even better BES, you can see all sorts of different options, to get a radiator in, a little smaller, with extension tubes.

The big problem, though, is rehanging the new rad, with completely new bracket positions, to suit the existing rad- valve positions.

After many years, it's a piece of cake, but if it's a first attempt, get in a plumber......

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not had a chance to grind down the key yet, rad is fine, just getting ready in case.
If you have a grinder, it should be easy to just remove the entire corner section of the knackered radiator with the valve inside it.

That will allow you to tap out the affected screw from the inside.

That will fix one problem though may create another!

Not had a chance to grind down the key yet, rad is fine, just getting ready in case.
You don't need a grinder, a file will do, it's only brass.

Run a screwdriver around the bleed nipple, to remove any paint first, then give the bleed key on to the nipple a tap with a hammer to ensure that you are going to get all the grip you can get, you'll only have one chance.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
You don't need a grinder, a file will do, it's only brass.

Run a screwdriver around the bleed nipple, to remove any paint first, then give the bleed key on to the nipple a tap with a hammer to ensure that you are going to get all the grip you can get, you'll only have one chance.
If there was room to get a hammer behind there and swing it, I suspect there would be no need for the post ;)

If there was room to get a hammer behind there and swing it, I suspect there would be no need for the post ;)

Photos would help, you could be talked through the options, and when to call in a plumber.

The most important thing, is knowing when things are going wrong, and having a backup plan, eg a quick drain- down.

Photos would help, you could be talked through the options, and when to call in a plumber.

The most important thing, is knowing when things are going wrong, and having a backup plan, eg a quick drain- down.
...and don't start the task at 8pm on Xmas Eve, no matter how simple it looks.

Where are you ?

Those pipes look as if they're solvent weld..... never seen that in the UK
I’m in Warwickshire mate, but they are not solvent welded, they are copper pipe with collarless elbows, painted over. You probably think they look odd because you’re used to seeing the elbow with the solder collar, I done like those type and think the collarless joint is neater.
4DEA8BCA-CD60-4E49-8C01-C2F5ACBB20B9.jpeg

solder collar

6FA8841D-6043-4FD2-BFE4-9DB622385143.jpeg

collarless

These valves replace the existing tails, they are the same, I have no idea what you are thinking about, this is a simple mod to your existing radiator! View attachment 426817

Putting these valves in both ends allows you to isolate the water in the radiator, if you can’t see how this works, perhaps you should consult a plumber!
Radiators and plumbing aside, what/why is the plastic tubing disappearing behind the skirting-board?! ;) .

Latest Threads