Radiation overdose teenager dies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Oct 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "An investigation blamed the mistake on human error. "

Human error, it should be criminal negligence!!!

More here
  2. there should be charges of manslaughter!
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Remember, the NHS provides the best possible treatment - that's why our soldiers are looked after by them. :evil:
  4. I hope the family push for a Police investigation and nail the "Human error" operator to the wall.
  5. Agreed, manslaughter should be considered. If I'm on the ranges and have an ND would the forces just be "extremely upset at the sad news,"

17 overdoses is not human error these people are trained, once maybe 17 NO!!
  6. You should read some of the supporting stories on that site.

As if haveing cancer isn't bad enough the NHS seem to use kill or cure techniques!
  7. Unfortunately, the courts have consistently shown a reluctance to impose criminal liabilities on doctors for 'policy' reasons - something to do with not wanting them to practise 'defensive medicine'.

IIRC, where homicide is concerned, negligent treatment is not enough to impose criminal liability. I think there was a case where the treatment was described as 'patently bad' and still no criminal liability was imposed.

I think the family should sue for negligence.
  8. 2159 were killed and over 165,000 injured last year by NHS negligence. LINK

That's about the same as the number killed in the twin towers on 9/11 - and it's happening every year.

Our government is introducing new corporate manslaughter laws to make directors personally responsible for the negligence of their companies. Anybody like to bet that they'll be granting ministers an exemption from the new law?