RADC centenary thread

1627973874101.png

Yokel

LE
Happy Anniversary.

Is the timeframe for naval and RAF dentistry similar? I know there was a major recruitment effort during the Second World War, and they did pay attention to the teeth of naval recruits. The food needed good nashers.

Are they sending all the veterans a celebratory cake, so you put in your own filling?

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Happy Anniversary.

Is the timeframe for naval and RAF dentistry similar? I know there was a major recruitment effort during the Second World War, and they did pay attention to the teeth of naval recruits. The food needed good nashers.

Are they sending all the veterans a celebratory cake, so you put in your own filling?

No idea, there was only copies of the History of the RADC in the PRI when we were marched there as newly joined officers and instructed to buy one!

Photo taken during Op Granby.

RADC treat tank commander at Objective Tungsten.

This was the first time females had served forward of brigade rear areas.
5 females were attached to A Sqn 5AFA. 2 of them RADC (though still badged QARANC)

Presumably you mean "the first major battle", otherwise several SOE and Det women might beg to differ...

A2 Ech 1RS BG (one of the Warrior Battle Groups in 4 Bde) was commanded by a woman (as 2ic HQ Coy; she'd been 2ic FSp Coy when the BG was warned off for GRANBY), after the MTO became a CASEVAC case; she was leading a column of vehicles somewhat further forward than the Bde rear area, or even the RAP for that matter...

GP3_Bunny

War Hero
Retired in 2005, and will always thank those I met during my short time with the RADC - thank you all for being such wonderful colleagues

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There's a RADC exhibition travelling round various museums.
Currently in Chester
Screenshot_20210918-190405_Facebook.jpg