Rad Op/ Radio user and BOWMAN

Does any one have any info on any Radio courses with this new Bowman stuff? Any one done one?
Trying to find some courses to go on and don't really know much about this. Is there like a 2 week course that covers X number of radios? I'd ask the PSI but he's unobtainable, and it's thursday!

Many thanks,

T C

There are bowman courses available. Operator course lasts for 7 days ( 9 in reality as you get the weekend off) and then the Advanced user lasts for 3 weeks.

Don't forget to bring matchsticks. It's very 'simulating' (for those of you who've been on the course, see what I did there :roll: )

Thanks there Doris, I knew you weren't all bad! Are the courses run centrally somewhere do you know? Or would your district / Div do it?

T C

All BOWMAN training should now be part of the normal Regimental Signaller/ICS Op courses. The old conversion courses I believe have now stopped. I wouldn't bother doing anything more than BOWMAN lite unless you are deploying (close to deploying otherwise you'll forget what you've been taught)

See what you mean. Trying to go for an extra feather in the old cap ye see... Would you really start forgetting it?

Apart from that can anyone think of any other courses a young thrusting Infanteer can go on?

Thanks for the help so far,

T C

The_Cheat said:
See what you mean. Trying to go for an extra feather in the old cap ye see... Would you really start forgetting it?
Did conversion last Dec (VHF & HF manpack onlY) and I've already forgotten most of it

polar said:
All BOWMAN training should now be part of the normal Regimental Signaller/ICS Op courses. The old conversion courses I believe have now stopped.
Guess no-one told 32 Regt that before my trade course. Does this mean I'll just have to figure out Bowman on the fly if/when some arrives?

Ah. Verstehe.

37's Bowman still hasn't arrived anyway, so it's a good job I learnt the 320 anyhow :)

Kitmarlowe said:
polar said:
They've all arrived - just someone forgot to include a battery charger
What a surprise....We're getting two ACCU's for a Battalion and NO DCCU's........Weekend's are going to be so much......fun
We've got no ACCUs (and have been waiting since 2004!) - got DCCUs though. Will swap two for one of your ACCUs.

Berlin

Edited owing to a visit from the Emperor Mong!

Kitmarlowe said:
polar said:
They've all arrived - just someone forgot to include a battery charger
What a surprise....We're getting two ACCU's for a Battalion and NO DCCU's........Weekend's are going to be so much......fun
You didn't expect TA to be equipped properly, did you

Yes the skill fade on Bowman is horrendous, however the user guides are quite good and are on the C2DC website in PDF format if you know somebody who has access to DII.

ComBATCrab said:
Yes the skill fade on Bowman is horrendous, however the user guides are quite good and are on the C2DC website in PDF format if you know somebody who has access to DII.
Isn't that site now on ArmyNet sharepoint?

The bowman user handbook makes a good door stop, I did the HF/VHF course last year not used it since!!

Stilts

ComBATCrab said:
User guide can jog your memory if needed ( I also have been hit by the dreaded skill fade ) however, as abreviations are used throughout it's extremely confusing when you consult the glossary at the back. Sometimes they have 3 different meanings for the same 3 letter acronyms!! :?

Confused of Colchester

heh, we have a charger but no batteries for the vhf manpacks. surely between us we can get one working radio.
Also they are now requesting our clansman kit be back loaded :?
I think we should make my exercises even easier than normal.

Filius_nullius said:
heh, we have a charger but no batteries for the vhf manpacks. surely between us we can get one working radio.
Also they are now requesting our clansman kit be back loaded :?
I think we should make my exercises even easier than normal.
ours isnt weve just been sussing the ffr,s out so we can run vhf bowman next to the 321,s and we have just got 17 more 320,s to put into L/R,s so that will be 3 vehicals for every operator in the sqn :roll:

we did a bowman course last may. for a week. though it was actually a bit less. and then a bit more during a T and M in july.
skill fade is a a big problem as we haven't been let loose with the kit to have a 'play' so to speak so we can really get to grips with it all.