Rack of Lamb

B

Boozy

I have just managed to grab a bargain, a lovely rack of lamb for just £2.10! Would usually have cost closer to 9quid but was very lucky and got one reduced as it goes out of date tonight.

Any quick simple ideas or recipes? I don't eat lamb much. Won't have time to marinade and am trying to lose weight :strong: so if anyone knows any decent recipes with minimum fat used I'd be very grateful!

At the moment all I can think of serving along with it is colcannon and mushrooms.

E

exmunkey

Go simple rub it with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and freshly ground pepper. Stick it in a hot oven 400c for about 7 mins then drop it down to 300c for another 10mins. Then cover it with foil and let it rest for 5mins. You could add some dijon mustard to the rub if you fancy.
What time do you want us around

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Go simple rub it with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and freshly ground pepper. Stick it in a hot oven 400c for about 7 mins then drop it down to 300c for another 10mins. Then cover it with foil and let it rest for 5mins. You could add some dijon mustard to the rub if you fancy.
What time do you want us around
Have you got super oven?

E

exmunkey

Bollocks, change that to about 250c. looked up some old cut out recipes and didn't think about C n F. If it's too late I owe you a rack of lamb PM me
what a knob, I blame the margaritas

Have you got super oven?
I was about to say the same thing, I'm sure my wifes oven only goes up to 220c.

Where can I buy one of these 'super ovens'? Sod waiting around a couple of hours for a roast dinner, with 'super oven' dinner is done in 22 minutes.

Hey ******* presto.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I was about to say the same thing, I'm sure my wifes oven only goes up to 220c.

Where can I buy one of these 'super ovens'? Sod waiting around a couple of hours for a roast dinner, with 'super oven' dinner is done in 22 minutes.

Hey ******* presto.
And the house is lovely and warm in winter. 'Super dinners, from super ovens, that's super' (c)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
And I went and googled 'the ******** of your intestine' didn't mention mashed spuds and cabbage anywhere.

Thats put me in the notion for mashed potatoes, cabbage, white sauce and ham

T

Tremaine

Rack of Lamb for a couple of quid. You lucky, lucky sod. First, take a photo of that lamb and stick in your bedside table with the w@nk sock. Very important for those quiet private times. Even if you are bunked up and getting nookie. Then stick some peeled boiled spuds on to cook. You'll want those chopped when cooked, and in the pan with the meat and juices.

Next, season the Lamb with sea salt and cracked pepper. Then pan fry it til golden all over. Throw over some lemon juice, add some rosemary, or mint, and slow roast the lamb with the potatoes for about twenty minutes til pink in the middle . While that's in, cook some fresh green beans and a nice gravy. With some sherry. When the lamb's done, put the whole lot on a plate. You lucky lucky barstaaard

E

exmunkey

Give me a break I only think in C, just hope the rack came out rare and juicy.

I do my first bit of supermarket shopping in the paupers cabinet looking for the short date stuff. Chop it up and freeze it unless a nice rack comes along then I would invite all the arrsrs over for a meal

B

Boozy

Whats colcannon?
It's basically just Champ with cabbage and other stuff mashed in through - more common in the south of Ireland, good way of using using up veg.

Where was it from.... I love lamb but it is such a ridiculous price compared to other meats now.
The 'Butchers' bit of Sainsburys, just happened to be lucky enough to be strolling around at the right time - I was actually searching for fish when I spotted it. Know it's not a proper butcher's but the stuff from there tends to be a lot better than the other stuff out in the shop. I can't really argue with 75% off!

Rack of Lamb for a couple of quid. You lucky, lucky sod. First, take a photo of that lamb and stick in your bedside table with the w@nk sock. Very important for those quiet private times. Even if you are bunked up and getting nookie. Then stick some peeled boiled spuds on to cook. You'll want those chopped when cooked, and in the pan with the meat and juices.

Next, season the Lamb with sea salt and cracked pepper. Then pan fry it til golden all over. Throw over some lemon juice, add some rosemary, or mint, and slow roast the lamb with the potatoes for about twenty minutes til pink in the middle . While that's in, cook some fresh green beans and a nice gravy. With some sherry. When the lamb's done, put the whole lot on a plate. You lucky lucky barstaaard
Why do I have a **** sock? Have I grown a penis overnight? :)

Thanks for the suggestions folks, my internet cut out for a good few hours there so I ended up pan frying it with rosemary and thyme and garlic olive oil before transferring to the oven for 30mins at 200degrees, also had two large breakfast flats, colcannon and some bovril to pour over the dish.

It was pure beaut! :) And still have half a rack left for tomorrow!