Rack of Lamb

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Boozy, Aug 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just managed to grab a bargain, a lovely rack of lamb for just £2.10! Would usually have cost closer to 9quid but was very lucky and got one reduced as it goes out of date tonight.

Any quick simple ideas or recipes? I don't eat lamb much. Won't have time to marinade and am trying to lose weight :strong: so if anyone knows any decent recipes with minimum fat used I'd be very grateful!

At the moment all I can think of serving along with it is colcannon and mushrooms.
  2. Had to bloody Google 'colcannon'.

Never tasted it but it sounds nice.
  3. Go simple rub it with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and freshly ground pepper. Stick it in a hot oven 400c for about 7 mins then drop it down to 300c for another 10mins. Then cover it with foil and let it rest for 5mins. You could add some dijon mustard to the rub if you fancy.
    What time do you want us around
  4. Have you got super oven?
  5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Whats colcannon?
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Exmunkey is giving it the third degree. Old habits die hard.

I'd go quick in a hot oven with couscous or rice.
  7. Bollocks, change that to about 250c. looked up some old cut out recipes and didn't think about C n F. If it's too late I owe you a rack of lamb PM me
    what a knob, I blame the margaritas
    • Like Like x 1
  8. See post #3.
  9. I was about to say the same thing, I'm sure my wifes oven only goes up to 220c.

Where can I buy one of these 'super ovens'? Sod waiting around a couple of hours for a roast dinner, with 'super oven' dinner is done in 22 minutes.

Hey ******* presto.
  10. Where was it from.... I love lamb but it is such a ridiculous price compared to other meats now.
  11. And the house is lovely and warm in winter. 'Super dinners, from super ovens, that's super' (c)
  12. The arse hole end of your intestine.
  13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

And I went and googled 'the ******** of your intestine' didn't mention mashed spuds and cabbage anywhere.

Thats put me in the notion for mashed potatoes, cabbage, white sauce and ham
    • Like Like x 1