Racist KFC cricket ad causes uproar in US

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Colonel_Foreskin-Crumb, Jan 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear, the spams up in arms again, the thing is the Aussies couldnt give a XXXX

this made me laugh though

"Dr Peter Gale, a senior lecturer at the University of South Australia, said the ad could affect Australia's reputation internationally — especially in the wake of the Hey Hey It's Saturday blackface scandal"

Maybe they should have used a bucket of watermelon aswell. :D

2. You know, instantly jumping to the conclusion that something is racist if it occuss between black people and white people is racist in itself.

I once endured a racial slurr (I'm white), when I told someone about it they said, without any hint of sarcasm or irony "Don't be stupid, you can't be racist to a white person". As a side note, I didn't feel oppressed or down-trodden at all, I just got on with it.

This obsession with racism is nonsensical bowlarks.
  3. I can see why there's a fuss - it's normally ganga that's handed out in these type of circles.
  4. Black people like fried chicken, same as Brits like Tea and Asians like Curry, I've never saw what was so bad about being stereo-typed, and it's usually true, that's where the stereo-type comes from in the first place.
  5. Uproar? About what?

We need some context here. Anybody seen that 1930s film 'Sanders of the River'?

One of the black characters [Paul Robeson as Bosambo?*) is dressed in grass skirt, top hat and a bone through his nose and talks in pidgin English.

Now that's jaw droppingly offensive. But given the period it shows how far we have come. Which is why I think the film should be shown more often.

(Scheduled between 'Zulu' and followed by 'Love thy Neighbour'... :D )

*Can't even find a clip on YouTube. Too offensive for them too?
  6. They do, don't they? I really can't grasp what this "uproar" is about.
  7. It is an aussie in the west indies! why in the blue f*ck are yanks getting annoyed? They really are taking this world police to a new level.

To be fair if he was handing out free KFC in any crowd be they english, irish, asian or whatever we would all put down out horns and flags and have abit that finger lick'n chicken.
  8. Surprised they haven`t taken major offence at this.

Fried chicken and watermelon.
  9. classic 8)
  10. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5177593750361341733&ei=PT5FS4PuD4en-AaRnYTMCA&q=love+thy+neighbour#

Well, thats love thy neighbour up there anyhow...

Free download :D
  11. I don't see what all the uproar is about. :? :? An Aussie giving out fried chicken to various fans at a cricket match is hardly offensive. And the ad wasn't even shown in the U.S. so those professional racist baiters such as the Reverend Jesse Jackson and the "Reverend" Al Sharpton should STFU in my opinion. :roll:
  12. I've watched the video....

Basically the context is.

A lone fan of one team is placed in a crowd supporting the other team.

Being the only fan of that team amongst a sea of opposing fans is seen as a bit iffy, after all there he will be on his own with no friends cheering at the others defeat/loss/upset.

Fortunatly he has a crowd please bucket of KFC (R) and makes freinds with the opposing teams fans by handing out this monster bucket to any who want it, thus disseminating a token of freindship so they can all enjoy the match together come what may....

Easy isn't it....

But because someone has got sand in their ass, they've decided that becuase the guy giving out KFC is white (ie the average Austrailian punter that KFC Austrailia is aiming their commercials at) giving out chicken to 'people of colour' ie the West Indies a famous competitor and rival to Austrailia, some brain donor has decided this is racist. And jumpin gto the wrong conclusion about why it would be a tricky situation...

Simple ad, effective message, brain dead receipiants.

Anyone who thinks this ad is racist is part of the problem, and should be knifed in the face, put in a rocket and blasted in to the sun.
  13. Well said CF. What he said!!
  14. After the last test we need an ad that shows an Aussie cricket fan handing out suicide pills to the Pakistani supporters!