Racist comment in Soldier magazine

And of course the taliban refer to you ...as those cheeky nice British soldier chaps? ffs come into the real world.

I read it as "GET FULLY INSURED WITH 15 UNITS OF PAX" but I could be wrong. What is more offensive is his 80s tropical shirt, Bde flash worn on his Osprey and illegally modified LLM handguard.

Racism has not reared it's ugly head in the British Army since 1972, when we shot all those unarmed boogy taigs, but I could be wrong there as well.

GrizzlyPanda said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Why is it racist? Many insurgents over there are pakis.
True, true :p
OK, not stricktly NAAFI bar but just to put this shit in context.. I,m told that Paki is NOT racist as it describes a person from Pakistan, as described by non other than their founding father, Mohammad Ali Jinnah. I,m told the Paki part of the name indicates the native person while the Stan part indicates place or home or country of origin. So Stan or Istan or Istana merely means the home, place country, dwelling place of a people called the Pak or the Paki, similarly the same goes for Baluchi,s, Kirgiz, Wazirs, Etc Etc and all those other Istans in that region, See?! :D :D

Now where the fuck was I?, oh yes!, Chilean Merlot I think.

Fallschirmjager said:
Tell it like it is mate, don't fuck about. :thumleft:

Manley said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
Fallschirmjager said:
OK, not stricktly NAAFI bar but just to put this s*** in context.. I,m told that Paki is NOT racist as it describes a person from Pakistan, as described by non other than their founding father, Mohammad Ali Jinnah. I,m told the Paki part of the name indicates the native person while the Stan part indicates place or home or country of origin. So Stan or Istan or Istana merely means the home, place country, dwelling place of a people called the Pak or the Paki, similarly the same goes for Baluchi,s, Kirgiz, Wazirs, Etc Etc and all those other Istans in that region, See?! :D :D

Now where the * was I?, oh yes!, Chilean Merlot I think.
Top tip, dont go trying to make "Paki" a comment to describe someone from Pakistan on here, even though a "Brit" is totally allowed to describe someone from Britain, there are certain lurkers who only come out of the woodwork when racist/bigot comments are made.

And you cant win the arguement, as we now live in a new world of order, where anything slightly off the beaten track is a no no.

I cant say fook off whet you cunt, without it being considered racist :)

Manley said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
Fallschirmjager said:
OK, not stricktly NAAFI bar but just to put this s*** in context.. I,m told that Paki is NOT racist as it describes a person from Pakistan, as described by non other than their founding father, Mohammad Ali Jinnah. I,m told the Paki part of the name indicates the native person while the Stan part indicates place or home or country of origin. So Stan or Istan or Istana merely means the home, place country, dwelling place of a people called the Pak or the Paki, similarly the same goes for Baluchi,s, Kirgiz, Wazirs, Etc Etc and all those other Istans in that region, See?! :D :D

Nearly, but not quite. The name is a near acronym - P (Punjab) A (Afghania) K (Kashmir) S (Sindh) and the Stan is from Balochistan. The Cambridge student Choudary Rahmat Ali coined the name in 1933, and added the I (Indus Valley) and T (Turkharistan) later.

Read it ages ago in in Geoffrey Moorhouses' "To the Frontier".

Gren said:
Manley said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
Fallschirmjager said:

Top tip, dont go trying to make "Paki" a comment to describe someone from Pakistan on here, even though a "Brit" is totally allowed to describe someone from Britain, there are certain lurkers who only come out of the woodwork when racist/bigot comments are made.

And you cant win the arguement, as we now live in a new world of order, where anything slightly off the beaten track is a no no.

You can to me, give it a shot, I dont care if you,re black white or brindle.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Gren said:
Manley said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
Fallschirmjager said:

So, a 'Paki' is not a word we can use for someone from Pakistan. So, the nice folk from Afghanistan are not Afghans then?

Can't wait for some Septic, I mean Yank errrr American to call me a 'Brit' so I can sue the ass off him for racially abusing me - might even get double bubble if he's a schwartzer!!!

Legs said:
Gren said:
Manley said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
Fallschirmjager said:

So, a 'Paki' is not a word we can use for someone from Pakistan. So, the nice folk from Afghanistan are not Afghans then?

Sadly legs, i get the usual types calling me the usual bigot/racist for even saying white these days... let alone anything along those lines.

What about Choagie? Or was that exclusively for Iraq, I haven't been to Afghan yet so don't know.

Legs said:
Gren said:
Manley said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
Fallschirmjager said:

I cant say fook off whet you cunt, without it being considered racist :)[/quote

Eggzakerly, get my original point?.

Forks said:
Fallschirmjager said:
No. Choagie is at the bottom of your screen!
I don't get it.
Im guessing its one of those "Muslim" dating adverts, even though those sort of people dont do that sort of thing according to the Quoran or whatever book they decide rules their lives this week, is that a racist comment?