Racist attacks surge in last month

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by razorman, Oct 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not surprised, People are pissed off with the whole tolerance thing, whilst simultaneously getting bombed, terrorised etc.

Its because of the PC lobby people have no other vent.

2. What absolute drivel.

Violence is just people letting off steam eh? I wonder how understanding you'd be if you/family/friends had taken a kicking because a bigot felt they were the wrong colour/religion.

3. Sorry, You have misconstrued what i said.

I meant that people can not speak out legitimately, so turn to violence.

4. Who cannot 'speak out legitimately? who is stopping 'people' speaking out?

5. bollocks crab cadet, idiots will always be idiots with or without provocation.

although there doesn't seem to me to be much violence involved in that report.

simaler to a rise in jewish attacks post i saw on arrse recently, consisted of people calling them nasty names and knocking off their skull caps.

For f**ks sake whingers get a grip, some people are nasty and will call you names.

6. I think that before this "report" is believed there needs to be a lot more investigation in to these alleged attacks.

There are some in the Islamic community who really wish to draw attention to what they see as "British zenophobia" but I would believe that yes such attacks do unfortunately occur.

The Independent (even though it's called the Indepent" still does have a political agenda as do some who practice Islam, I just would choose to take my time before I believed these incidents or this newpaper report. I think this is very much a backlash to Jack Straw and John Reid who have been seen challenging the Islamic communities and from a media that is fed up to the back teeth with the imposed censorship this government has been responsible for over the last nine years. :censored:

I'd believe it with caution. :censored:

7. I think that before this "report" is believed there needs to be a lot more investigation in to these alleged attacks.

There are some in the Islamic community who really wish to draw attention to what they see as "British zenophobia" but I would believe that yes such attacks do unfortunately occur.

The Independent (even though it's called the Indepent" still does have a political agenda as do some who practice Islam, I just would choose to take my time before I believed these incidents or this newpaper report. I think this is very much a backlash to Jack Straw and John Reid who have been seen challenging the Islamic communities and from a media that is fed up to the back teeth with the imposed censorship this government has been responsible for over the last nine years. :censored:

I'd believe it with caution. :censored:

8. Thought that myself, there was no police figures qouted to suggest a "rise"

just a load of random minor incidents, and not serious enough to require police investigation, perfect for journos with an agenda to make up and not need to require proof of.

What kind of person contacts a newspaper because they were called a nasty name on the bus FFS! or overheard a couple of blokes expressing support for jack straws views on the train in her presence

9. Well call the fcuking police! How many crimes are comitted every single day in this country. Im sure on these 'horrible horrible days' there were also other crimes going on in this country.

Burglary, Robbery, Assault, Rape, Murder etc etc

Journos are c0cks, pure and simple.

10. When will it stop, im fed up to the back teeth of anything that happens to muslims being blown out of all proportion and our society... tell u what in fact fcuk it, nothing I or anyone else says in this damn country makes the slightest bit of difference or will ever make the slightest bit of difference.

Waste of time even commenting about it, the Government will do what it wants ref asylum seekers etc and the c0ckend journos will sensationalise any story they want to sell their newspapers / get people to watch their news programme.

Could rant forever on this subject but it wont achieve anything so whats the point?

11. An extract from the article.

The sixth incident involved a Muslim woman wearing a hijab, who reported that when she got on to the London Underground two men standing next to her deliberately started discussing their support for a ban on veils.

Well there is a serious attack then isn't there.
    Deliberate discussion is pretty terrible isn't it.

12. Fcuking right! Some of those 'deliberate' conversations can be real serious... What horsesh1t... stupid media wnakers.

13. I believe that many of these incidents are considered "racist" as the victim is of a non-indigenous race.

There was a bint on UTV recently gobbing off about all the racism she suffered. The worst example she said was schoolkids chucking bits of paper at her. Happens all thetime. But its only important when it happens to non-whites.

Anyway, there is a school of thought that proposes that (tinfoil hat time) political correctness is actually a rightwing plot as its only seeming effect is to turn ordinary decent, "treat em as they come" people into people who distrust, and are wary of others of a differnt race, colour, creed etc.

In other words, tell the average guy that his kids have to wear a hijab if they go to the muslim school down the road, but his missus cant wear the cross on a chain he bought her then his attitude is quite likely to change from "dont really care what colour they are" to "cant these darkies feck off back to their own country", and worse.

Plus, the multi-culturalism that Labour wanted has ghettoised and seperated society much more than was so a decade or 2 ago and it isnt surprising that the different tribes are warring is it?

What really annoyed me was Labour suddenly going "this multiculturalism is in trouble, we want to have a healthy debate on it" after years of sensible people saying "multiculturalism cant work, never has worked, and will only make things worse" being labeled as "racist".

Multiculturalism - NO. Multiracial british society - YES. We have had enough troubles getting the major cultures of these 2 islands to live together (and they are pretty similar) without throwing 50 odd more totally alien cultures into the mix. In other words, "please come to our great country and make a life for yourself, but, be aware that we have ancient and longstanding traditions and cultures of our own, and if you come here you will have have to follow and respect our laws and traditions, not yours (although being nice, we will give you more freedoms to celebrate and educate us about your history and religion than any other country in the world), just as we would if we were to travel to your country of birth.".