Racism, unintended consequences?

If you held the door for a lady and she complained about it, then she wasn't a lady and you shouldn't have held the door for her. It was your fault, you should have known she wasn't a lady.

Feck off!

I never understood the idea of holding a door open specifically for women. If there's someone walking behind me I'll hold the door open, doesn't matter if it's a bloke, woman or kid. I've never had anyone complain yet.

You only do it for the blokes and kids in case they beat you up.

If it's a bloke behind me I'll hold the door open until he gets there, if it's a woman I will hold the door open and let her enter first in case it's a trap.

Last edited:
This is a pretty weird article, he is desperate to find something that I'm not sure is really there.

I knew I wanted to stand out in some way, maybe be the first of some kind in the Royal Air Force.

There was a sergeant who had my back from the beginning, he always encouraged me to keep going.

An English trainee's name was mocked for sounding like a swear word.

There was another rumour floating around, "if you do this to Kyrean then you're going to be dismissed for racism."
Well obviously I'm not going to be like "please haze me" so I went to sleep.
I never talked to anyone in the air force about racism. It's not like I can say, "don't pick on me because I'm Chinese" because we were all in this together.

The military was not for him, that's fair enough, but the article reads to me like he was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I was born in Liverpool, but have lived for a long time in the West Midlands.
Every single day at work, I hear things like, "Oi, scouser, get the fcuk away from my toolbox, yer thieving git."
"Right lads, the scouser just walked through the workshop, make sure there's nothing missing."
"For fcuks sake, don't park your car next to Ste14w's, it'll be up on housebricks when you get back."
"One of the wagons got broken into over the weekend, have you got an alibi, you thieving scouse tw*t?"
Etc.
We had it a lot worse in the forces, everybody was slagging off the Jock, the Taff, the Manc, the Southern Softy, the Yokel, I could go on all day.
So effing what??
Not once have I ever taken offence, broke down in tears, called the police or retreated to my safe space.
I take it in my stride, laugh along with the lads and give the thick Brummie tw*ts as good as I get.
It's a laugh, a bit of fun, people need to remember the old sticks and stones rhyme, before the damage is too great to be repaired, and the country implodes under the weight of woke guilt and hurt feelings.

Sana

Old-Salt
I was born in Liverpool, but have lived for a long time in the West Midlands.
Every single day at work, I hear things like, "Oi, scouser, get the fcuk away from my toolbox, yer thieving git."
"Right lads, the scouser just walked through the workshop, make sure there's nothing missing."
"For fcuks sake, don't park your car next to Ste14w's, it'll be up on housebricks when you get back."
"One of the wagons got broken into over the weekend, have you got an alibi, you thieving scouse tw*t?"
Etc.
We had it a lot worse in the forces, everybody was slagging off the Jock, the Taff, the Manc, the Southern Softy, the Yokel, I could go on all day.
So effing what??
Not once have I ever taken offence, broke down in tears, called the police or retreated to my safe space.
I take it in my stride, laugh along with the lads and give the thick Brummie tw*ts as good as I get.
It's a laugh, a bit of fun, people need to remember the old sticks and stones rhyme, before the damage is too great to be repaired, and the country implodes under the weight of woke guilt and hurt feelings.

Human beings just love to make fun of differences. I didn't understand the point of the article, and the military is obviously not for him. Blacks make fun out of different types of blacks, other races and especially whites. Pakistanis love taking the piss out of Sikhs and Bengalis.

Last edited:

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I always hold the door open for ladies, they usually say thank you and if they don't I usually say "your welcome loud enough for them to hear.

If I hold open a door for a lady and they complain about it, they get told to do one.

Ah, but if you let them walk through first, they'll accuse you of checking out their arrse.

Which is true, but beside the point.

Ah, but if you let them walk through first, they'll accuse you of checking out their arrse.

Which is true, but beside the point.

In which case my reply would be why on earth would you think I'd ever want to gaze lustfully at that camels hump you call your arsse madame.

Human beings just love to make fun of differences. I didn't understand the point of the article, and the military is obviously not for him. Blacks make fun out of different types of blacks, other races and especially whites. Pakistanis love taking the piss out of Sikhs and Bengalis.
I've mentioned this on here before but some of the most racist comments I've heard have come from interactions between boys from Pakistani and Bangladeshi families.