Racism CV project cost £170,000

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by whitecity, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good show!

2. This doesnt supprise me with the bunch of tossers we have running things at the moment.
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Been aware of this type of tactic for ages, easy way round as an employer offer them an interview and don't take them to second. Job done.
  4. When will this vile Government learn that you cannot enforce diversity? In fact, attempting to enforce it simply fuels racism in my opinion.
  5. I think that it will be when the bigots finally realize that their bigotry is untenable.
  6. So the headline is "Employment Minister Admits to Conducting Research into How Race Impacts Employment Prospects - Turns out you can't do a Nationwide six-month Research and Analysis Project for Free" :roll:
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

No, honestly, I don't mind reviewing and checking CV's, and scoring them, and discussing them with others, on their merits, before deciding whether to write to them and call them for interview, and then finding out I might have wasted a bunch of my time because of the self-serving cnuts in government. Fcuk it, I have all the time in the world to waste when I'm trying to employ the right people for the job.

Perhaps the government could find other ways to fcuk me around and waste my time and money. Perhaps they could make me collect their VAT for them, without paying me to collect it, and make me pay my own accountant to make sure it's right. That'd be a proper giggle I'm sure . . . . oh, they've done that already.

Just one question: If an employer DOESN'T call the ethnical person in for an interview, whilst calling in the white one, does that actually constitute a race crime? Does it constitute a race crime if, say, a museum advertises a job ONLY for those who are non-white, as has just happened with the British Museum, with the full approval of the 'Thought Police' in government?

Utter, utter, two-faced, self-righteous cnuts the lot of them. You Sven, just another stupid, bullsh!t cause you've decided to defend, so you are a cnut too. Just thought I'd mention it.
  8. Considering around 80% of jobs created under this government have actually gone to foreigners, one could argue that discriminating in favour of a British sounding name is actually affirmative action on behalf of the most persecuted group in our country.

Besides, didn't cyclops say British jobs for British workers, yet more labour lies and hypocrisy.
  9. Oh grow up Sven.
    DeltaDog makes a pertinent point and your only answer is to not answer.
    Its attitudes like that which have brought race and immigration issues to a head in this country.
    What you call bigotry is an inevitable raction by people who are forced to the fringe in their own country.
    Can you not accept that multi-culturism and diversity has reached a tipping point where most people have had enough and it is actually now counter-productive?
  10. Sven, why not pop over to "whitey need not apply" and explain that one away?
  11. Yes and we will be voting the anti British bigots out at the next election.
  12. Common sense and wise words - doesn't stand a chance of being understood by anyone in an elected position.
  13. I used to be a recruiter for a large security company.
    I didn't not interview Mr Endabeninge or his colleagues because they sounded ethnic, that would be illegal . I rejected them for using blue ink instead of black on the form (not able to follow instructions), not filling all the boxes on the form, illegible handwriting, not supplying correct ID, etc, etc, all perfectly legal.

But of those I did see about 75% (of all races) got a job offer. The rejects were usually for coming for interview in ripped jeans and hoodies, wearing their baseball caps during the interview especially if on back to front, and to guarantee rejection calling me 'mate'.

Then they changed the system, I couldn't book my own interviews, it was done by a PC call centre without checking any forms. You wouldn't believe the dross I was expected to interview. I once went three weeks without seeing one I was willing to take on, that's best part of 150 rejects. Even on a good week I would probably only see 2 or 3 I was willing to take on, out of about 50.

Happy days, not.
  14. any evidence for that 80% figure?
  15. So you get a CV from a fellow with a foreign sounding name, just for the record, what is foreign sounding? Mr. de la Cour de la Billière? Sorry, did they mean Afro/Caribbean like Bob Marley or Peter Tosh? Or perhaps they meant Asian like Yusuf Islam?
    What happens when employers start rejecting foreign sounding names on the basis that every time someone with a 'foreign' sounding name is invited for interview he fails to turn up.
    What they are actually doing is programming employers to fear foreign sounding names and to be too wary of traps to actually make an informed judgement based on experience and qualification as well as fitting in with the current work team. Whenever I recruit it is based on a whole multitude of factors but whether their name sounds foreign or not has never been one of them.