Racism at international sporting events

Should all players leave the field if racist abuse is prevalent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I once walked out on an argument after the person I was arguing with descended into insults. If I hadn't walked, I would have punched his lights out.

It was later put to me that I had effectively lost the argument by walking out.

If you walk off the pitch then you have lost and the haters have won. They have caused offence to you and you have reacted. They want the reaction. Any reaction is a good reaction for the haters who don't care about the game only the offence that they can cause.

Acknowledgement is the fuel to their fire.

Ignorance is hard but but will eventually be effective. They will move on to another easier target.

Arsene Wenger could be 5 feet from where one of his team chopped an opposition player in half and not see it.
Such is wendyball.
..and people were mistaken when they thought they could lip read John Terry mouthing “f****** black c***” at Anton Ferdinand during Chelsea’s match against Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road only a few years back...Jumping to conclusions they were.... The fine upstanding England captain at the time was in fact saying “Anton, I didn’t call you a f****** black c***".... Using racist language to deny he had used racist language is so much clearer..

Racists in the English game.... "They haven't gone away y'know"....

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I once walked out on an argument after the person I was arguing with descended into insults. If I hadn't walked, I would have punched his lights out.

It was later put to me that I had effectively lost the argument by walking out.

If you walk off the pitch then you have lost and the haters have won. They have caused offence to you and you have reacted. They want the reaction. Any reaction is a good reaction for the haters who don't care about the game only the offence that they can cause.

Acknowledgement is the fuel to their fire.

Ignorance is hard but but will eventually be effective. They will move on to another easier target.
People who resort to violence during an argument are the losers. The saying goes, "if you have to throw a punch, you've already lost the argument"

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Diane Abbott is appalled and sickened to hear that Bulgaria has a racism problem.
She said "I loved the Wombles growing up and never thought he'd turn out like this..."

6 Gallon Pot

Old-Salt

Latest Threads