Racism at international sporting events

Should all players leave the field if racist abuse is prevalent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

6 Gallon Pot

Old-Salt
The head of the Bulgarian FA has resigned (before he was pushed)
The fan that died is very odd. He was found in the morning and was being taken to hospital when he became violent and aggressive. He died after having 'clashes' with the medics that were treating him.

Stewards? Not sure there were many stewards or police inside the stadium last night.
Then the bulgarians are in breach of FIFA rules. Adequate stewarding is a requirement of hosting FIFA affiliated matches.

6 Gallon Pot

Old-Salt
Then the bulgarians are in breach of FIFA rules. Adequate stewarding is a requirement of hosting FIFA affiliated matches.
Im not saying that there weren't any. I'm saying you didn't see many. Compare last night to an England night at Wembley, where there are a plethora of high vis jacketed stewards.

Im not saying that there weren't any. I'm saying you didn't see many. Compare last night to an England night at Wembley, where there are a plethora of high vis jacketed stewards.
Having checked the rules the minimum is 1:250, rising to 1:100 for high risk matches which this game clearly was. So if they followed the rules the stewards would have been highly visible.

ugly

LE
Meh Wendyball, Hitler had all of the 1936 Olympians salute him!

If UEFA do nothing more than they have already, then they are obviously institutionally racist as an organisation so should be taken to task. A few lawsuits from individual players against UEFA would soon sharpen their focus. Hit them in the pockets, fine UEFA for dereliction of duty.

The Bulgarian manager said he never heard anything!!!! FFS has he not watched the footage on the news. Cnut.

On an aside, I've not heard anymore about the England fan who died during an incident before the match.
We heard you the first time in post 40.

If UEFA do nothing more than they have already, then they are obviously institutionally racist as an organisation so should be taken to task. A few lawsuits from individual players against UEFA would soon sharpen their focus. Hit them in the pockets, fine UEFA for dereliction of duty.

The Bulgarian manager said he never heard anything!!!! FFS has he not watched the footage on the news. Cnut.

On an aside, I've not heard anymore about the England fan who died during an incident before the match.
Arsene Wenger could be 5 feet from where one of his team chopped an opposition player in half and not see it.
Such is wendyball.

Do you think they will stand much of chance?
Fcuk knows, but until someone tries it we won't know. If I was in the situation of one of the players being abused and had the cash they've got floating around I would be considering it.

Basically it is like being racially abused in your place of work, if the company you worked for did nothing to prevent it you could sue them. Okay, the English FA maybe the employers of the players in the team in this case, but UEFA are responsible for 'Safe Working Practices' and for the safety of players taking part in their tournament.

We heard you the first time in post 40.
Apologies, I have no idea how that happened. I wrote the post, posted the fecker, came back later and it was still in the draft form, so I just pressed post reply again.

Fair cop guv, society's to blame

In the scheme of global issues this isn't even worthy of mention.

The irony of some of the comments I've seen elsewhere is laughable. Someone complaining about the 'Respect' campaign being mocked by some of the t-shirts available at last nights game....

...and then you scroll down their previous posts and there's videos of the game preamble in the stadium during the national anthems where all you can hear is boo-ing and whistling for the opposition's tuneful effort.

Has there EVER been a set of national anthem's played before a footie match where player's and supporters have been able to sing without the loud background accompaniment of boo-ing and whistles?

Compare and contrast to international rugby....

ugly

LE
You can see the true spirit as demonstrated by England and Japan (maybe some others too. Not running at the conversion kicker. A completely legal move but to not do so is a sign of respect!

The irony of some of the comments I've seen elsewhere is laughable. Someone complaining about the 'Respect' campaign being mocked by some of the t-shirts available at last nights game....

...and then you scroll down their previous posts and there's videos of the game preamble in the stadium during the national anthems where all you can hear is boo-ing and whistling for the opposition's tuneful effort.

Has there EVER been a set of national anthem's played before a footie match where player's and supporters have been able to sing without the loud background accompaniment of boo-ing and whistles?

And normally cricket.

You can see the true spirit as demonstrated by England and Japan (maybe some others too. Not running at the conversion kicker. A completely legal move but to not do so is a sign of respect!
Interesting comment. When did that change?
I did notice it but thought it strange.

ugly

LE
Interesting comment. When did that change?
I did notice it but thought it strange.
Those who value the game more than the result have always done this, personally as a bone idle tight head prop you couldn't have paid me to charge down a kicker.

Latest Threads