Should all players leave the field if racist abuse is prevalent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A sop to keep people happy?
Agreed, but it also gives the players the right to walk when faced with mindless behaviour by so-called fans. By the way, it did seem strange that the referee, an Eastern European, did nothing until Kane made a complaint!

Agreed, but it also gives the players the right to walk when faced with mindless behaviour by so-called fans. By the way, it did seem strange that the referee, an Eastern European, did nothing until Kane made a complaint!

As far as I understand it the players dont have the right to walk off, they have to be told by the ref.

Call me a cynic BUT if England were losing, I wonder if they would have walked off then
Indeed and that would be the danger of letting players decide when they want to leave.

Ever so slightly holier than thou stance being made by some of 'our' football fans when in the stadium and when potentially subject to CCTV and a different stance applied by them when out in the bars and streets before and after games when it's alright to abuse the locals. Racism is different to xenophobia, but whether it's monkey chants by Bulgarians to our players or shouted abuse by pi$$ed up Inger-land supporters to passing locals they're both unacceptable and some of those complaining need to step down off their high horses...

And where did the bringing in inflatable bananas at matches thing to abuse black players start at.... we have history . Just because we've treated it we now think we can preach at others

You obviously didn't watch the game. It was evident to everyone there who wasn't a right wing eastern european gobshite. Can't say I'm surprised at the tossers doing the saluting & the monkey noises. Backwards retarded peasants.
...and yet, the manager of the Bulgarian team says he didn't hear anything amiss.

Ever so slightly holier than thou stance being made by some of 'our' football fans when in the stadium and when potentially subject to CCTV and a different stance applied by them when out in the bars and streets before and after games when it's alright to abuse the locals. Racism is different to xenophobia, but whether it's monkey chants by Bulgarians to our players or shouted abuse by pi$$ed up Inger-land supporters to passing locals they're both unacceptable and some of those complaining need to step down off their high horses...

And where did the bringing in inflatable bananas at matches thing to abuse black players start at.... we have history . Just because we've treated it we now think we can preach at others
Ah, two wrongs make a right.

Gotcha.

37ucv67i

War Hero
Ah, two wrongs make a right.
May I ask what goes on in your head when you turn "whether it's monkey chants by Bulgarians to our players or shouted abuse by pi$$ed up Inger-land supporters to passing locals they're both unacceptable and some of those complaining need to step down off their high horses" into "two wrongs make a right"?

Seadog

ADC
Can't say I'm surprised at the tossers doing the saluting & the monkey noises. Backwards retarded peasants.
They do have a ‘look’ about them and it’s not that of Übermensch, blond, blue eyed goose steppers.

Is that racist?

May I ask what goes on in your head when you turn "whether it's monkey chants by Bulgarians to our players or shouted abuse by pi$$ed up Inger-land supporters to passing locals they're both unacceptable and some of those complaining need to step down off their high horses" into "two wrongs make a right"?
Neither are right.
It sounds as if you're excusing racist behaviour by the Bulgarians because we have our own knuckle draggers.

Neither are right.
It sounds as if you're excusing racist behaviour by the Bulgarians because we have our own knuckle draggers.
The FA and the Red Tops are happy to turn a blind eye to it though aren't they? "It's outside the stadium and therefore nothing to do with us" Just pointing out the hypocrisy as if our lot are all choir boys

As far as I understand it the players dont have the right to walk off, they have to be told by the ref.
I think if they were to walk off they forfeit the match and become open to punishment by UEFA.

The only reason UEFA introduces the 3 stage protocol was because England knew this would happen and threaten to walk off if it did.

UEFA are a disgrace to have to be forced down this route. The Bulgarian FA must have slipped a large backhander to UEFA considering the state of that stadium.

I think if they were to walk off they forfeit the match and become open to punishment by UEFA.
As should any team who decided they dont want to play anymore.

bedended

War Hero
Morning All,
Maybe a strongly worded letter may illicit some response. Even if it is only a nice reply on headed notepaper and your picture in the local 'comic';)

Attachments

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As should any team who decided they dont want to play anymore.
In answer to both of your posts:
Where it is apparent to the referee that the player leaving the field without permission has not done so to express dissent or to gain an unfair advantage (e. g., exited to change shoes or replace a torn jersey) and has merely forgotten to obtain permission (or thought he or she had obtained it), the referee should consider this a trifling breach of the Laws.
However, players leaving the find of play and not returning, thus causing a match to be abandoned are deemed to be in serious breach of the Laws of the Game.
A recent case saw a team fined more for walking off than their opponents for the abuse!

If UEFA do nothing more than they have already, then they are obviously institutionally racist as an organisation so should be taken to task. A few lawsuits from individual players against UEFA would soon sharpen their focus. Hit them in the pockets, fine UEFA for dereliction of duty.

The Bulgarian manager said he never heard anything!!!! FFS has he not watched the footage on the news. Cnut.

On an aside, I've not heard anymore about the England fan who died during an incident before the match.

If UEFA do nothing more than they have already, then they are obviously institutionally racist as an organisation so should be taken to task. A few lawsuits from individual players against UEFA would soon sharpen their focus. Hit them in the pockets, fine UEFA for dereliction of duty.
Do you think they will stand much of chance?

Latest Threads