Racing pigeons

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by vvaannmmaann, May 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Noticed a racing pigeon in the garden this afternoon.Eventually it came to see me.It had water,and I blagged some layers pellets from the milf next door and it ate that.It was happy to be picked up,so I put it in one of the cat carrier boxes we have.
    I just went to fill the water and food,and noticed the shit it is producing has a emerald green tinge to it- is this normal?
  2. Why anybody wants to be friends with a winged rat is beyond me.
  3. Oh they can be worth lots and lots of money.
  4. I understand they can and the racing pidgeon world is incredibly cut-throat, I think i might have seen a thread on it here somewhere. I assume then that proper racing pidgeons are not the desease carrying vermin all our town centres are plagued with?
  5. Find out who he is and send a ransom note to his owner.

Words from the Sun cut and pasted are best....... don't lick the envelope, you'll leave DNA.

If they won't pay up, you can always check out a Delia recipe
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

They are pampered and well-trained athletes. Once it's fed and watered it should be let go to find its own way home.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I've some pictures somewhere of the carriers for them from I think WW1.
    I'd imagine they paid a massive part in the war. Amazing birds.
  8. If it is speckled and answers to the call .... " Jim " ... take care otherwise you could suffer the wrath of General Melchett .
  9. Is there a ring on him? if so contact local pigeon club who will ID it ...owner might give a reward? if not screw its neck, as a racer once it comes down off course its fucked as its lost its bearings and wont fly off again.
  10. the owner will more than likely neck it - its not a very good homing pigeon after all! I once rescued one, spoke to the owner who told me to feed it to my ferrets.

They sometimes have a phone number stamped on the wing feathers.

Reported another that had been killed by a peregrine, the owner rang and wouldn't get off the line telling me how good his birds are and that all raptors should be exterminated.
  11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

12. Thank you....never heard that version before, very good!