Racially abused soldier awarded £22,000 compensation by MoD

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by RedCoat2009, Jan 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Racially abused soldier awarded £22,000 compensation by MoD
    A soldier who suffered racist bullying at the hands of Army superiors has been awarded £22,000 compensation.

Nick Britten
Published: 8:00AM GMT 09 Jan 2010
    Private Hylton claimed he was racially abused on a 'regular basis'

Kerry Hylton, a Jamaican army chef, was called a 'black *******' by a Lance Corporal colleague whilst serving with the Welsh Guard near Buckingham Palace.
    Pte Hylton, of Woolwich, received one payout last April for the racist insults, but lodged another claim that was due to be heard yesterday.
    However, it emerged a settlement with the Ministry of Defence had been reached.
  2. Oh dear.
  3. Does this mean that I can claim for being called a Jock Barsteward?
  4. I wonder if a white person would have got a payout for racial abuse? Say a Scottish or Welsh soldier serving in a predominately English unit?
  5. I was racially abused in Depot,I was called a crow,feck me I cant even fly :)
  6. I was verbally abused most days "geordie foock pig ,etc etc" as a young Junior Leader back in the 80s can I have some compo please?

7. No chance of that, as you are well aware, you cannot be racist to a white English male.

Racism is a colour thing, sadly, white is not a colour in the spectrum of racism.
  8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

So Scots and Welsh can get payouts, by your reckoning :wink:

I do know what you really meant though.

9. Apparently, they can, as long as it is not used to purchase deep fried food, cocaine, or sexual rights to farm animals.

Hope this helps ;)
  10. what about gwars ??
  11. Army getting taken for a ride yet again.
    I hope the black lads feelings will hopefully one day recover. It must of been so traumatic for him.
  12. rampant

No fair what else am I to spend ma monies on :x
  13. Aha! I 'm a white Scottish male. I win :wink: Give me my compo.

The names I've been called...small sample....
    Jock tw@t, Jock bastard, poridge w0g, FRISP (as mentioned on another thread = Fcuking Repulsive Ignorant Scottish Pig)

Kerching....now that I think of it I was deeply hurt for 22 years. Probably stopped my promotion as well (I was destined to be a Brigadier)....where's those phone number then (solicitor, scum etc). :D

14. Batteries?

Some might not get that!
  15. rampant