Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????????? There is much to say on this topic! At the moment it would seem they're going to 'hell in a hand basket'!! The next few years will confirm or deny this. Personally I hope it's just a vicious rumour, but the way things have gone recently I don't think this is the case!! :cry:

2. Who decides how the next Chaplain Genereal is given his position? Not the CF1's for sure!!

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

God maybe?

4. I wouldn't touch that fur with a barge pole. The only way that fur goes is up!! (So therefore it can't be stroked.)

5. i don't believe God has anything to do with it! To be more precise - I'm damn sure He has nothing to do with it!!!!!!!!!!

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You may be right.

7. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

What's all this about? Please do elucidate... I am all agog, after all, we don't hear much grumbling from the Padres normally. Can it be that the army's morale deficit has affected them too? Has the evil one in the treasury taken all their money away as well as everyone else's?

8. I blame Aunty Stella, he's Pope Approved..... and the Holy Arrse thread :wink:

9. Purple_Flash

Aunty Stella? Pope Approved? Who or what are you talking about? Are these well known phrases in the RAChD, because they sure weren't covered at JDSC!

10. Mister Purple Flash, if you dont know who Aunty Stella is, far be it from me to tell you about His Sexiness :roll:

11. Purple_Flash

I take it the the redoubtable Aunty Stella is the nickname of a Padre? Or am I as hopelessly lost as an officer with a compass?

12. :cry: Morale is certainly low, ambition is rife in certain quarters, pastoral care of chaplains is at a low ebb. What the chaplains need, is not in the power of the Treasury to give.

13. That makes me sad - our Padre in Iraq was top bloke and kept everyone happy. Even when he was sad. He worked his arrse off to make sure everyone was ok and even now we are back, he is still working hard. That makes me sad.

14. Glad to see you had a top bloke: have you told him he's doing a good job? You could help morale by letting him know he's appreciated.

15. I do - he knows from me and the guys I work with. Don't worry. The Snail has it......