Race-Based Murder Conviction, REPOST FIRST POST DELETED

#1
For some reason this topic which I posted last night has been deleted, I would have thought that there shouldn't be a problem posting an article that shows how muslims are again being treated more favourably. So I've posted it again, unless of course we are no longer allowed to comment on muslims ?



Quote:
Race-Based Murder Conviction, But no Inquiry
Craig Brown The Scotsman

Key points

• Kriss Donald murder revealed to have occured after police operation to clamp down on Asian street gangs in Glasgow was stopped
• Operation Gadher was 'not deemed politically correct'
• Calls for inquiry over potentially fateful decision

Key quote
"I shall be seeking reassurance from the minister as to why [Operation Gadher] was wound up and I would hope the police can reflect on whether this was the right decision or not." - Margaret Smith, Liberal Democrats’ justice spokeswoman

Story in full THE Scottish Executive has rejected calls for an inquiry into the racially-motivated murder of a 15-year-old boy six months after police abandoned an operation to tackle the problem of Asian street gangs.

Operation Gadher, set up to tackle the growth of Asian gang culture in the South Side of Glasgow, was dropped at the end of last year because it was not deemed politically correct.

In March, Kriss Donald was snatched from the street in Glasgow by a gang, simply because he was white. He was bundled into a car and driven more than 200 miles to Dundee and back to Glasgow before being stabbed 13 times and set on fire while he was still alive.

At the High Court in Glasgow yesterday, Daanish Zahid was found guilty of his abduction and murder.

Despite the awful nature of the crime and the potentially damaging effect it could have had on community relations in the ethnically diverse Pollokshields area, the Executive is refusing to carry out an inquiry into policing there. A spokeswoman said: "We have no plans to conduct such an inquiry. However, how the police conduct the matter is down to them."

Bill Aitken, a local Tory MSP, urged the Executive to carry out an inquiry and said: "When it comes to justice and police, there must be an even-handedness. We must ask the question, if an Asian teenager had been murdered by a white gang in such a charged atmosphere, what would the Executive’s response have been?"

Margaret Smith, the Liberal Democrats’ justice spokeswoman, said: "I shall be seeking reassurance from the minister as to why [Operation Gadher] was wound up and I would hope the police can reflect on whether this was the right decision or not."

Norman Brennan, the founder and director of the Victims of Crime Trust, said: "As a police officer of 26 years service, I can safely say that the majority of officers are sick and tired of political correctness. It prevents us from doing our work properly, from the street right up to homicide. I think it’s about time police chiefs stood up and said ‘enough is enough’.

"They should be unshackling officers and letting them do their job."

Zahid was also found guilty of attacking Kriss’s friend Jamie Wallace, 20, as the pair walked along Kenmure Street in Pollokshields, four hours before the murder, and the jury of eight men and seven women convicted him of attempting to defeat the ends of justice by setting fire to the silver Mercedes used to abduct Kriss.

Lord Philip deferred sentence on Zahid and Zahid Mohammed, 20, who was earlier cleared of the murder but pleaded guilty to other charges, for background reports until 16 December at the High Court in Edinburgh.

Three individuals, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are still wanted by Strathclyde Police in connection with Kriss’s death. Detective Superintendent Elliot McKenzie, the officer in charge of the investigation, said: "The job is only half done."
 
#2
Deleted by me last night.

Deleted because of comments you then made in "support" of your inital post

There is no policy of enforcing "Non-discussion" about the Islamic community.
 
#3
When I last read that thread, it had a few replies and perhaps was heading towards a 'I hate all muslims' over-tone. I'm not saying that this was or wasn't your implication, but considering when the word 'muslim' is mentioned is this forum - the negative or racial tones that some other smaller-minded members can bring is probably something that the mods don't want ARRSE to be noted for - my own guess that is. Me personally - was not offend/disgusted/whatever by that or this thread.

IMO, there are some ar$ehole muslims, there are some ar$ehole whites, blacks, sikhs, etc - I wouldn't necessarily base a negative experience with one or more for an overview on the whole race (although asylum seekers...... hmmm :evil: :roll: :) ) - and I think you had said this yourself before.

In regards to your opening post on both threads, the parents of Kriss Donald must be spitting with fury against the heads of police in their area, and rightly so. I don't believe the reason Operation Gadher was stopped wasn't that its not pc - I think they're couldn't be bothered as there's less crime in this catergory - spending loads of money for setting up the op on the 'odd crime' - therefore why bother? (Not my opinion)
However, I do believe that if it was to investigate a spate of attacks if it was the other round - the operation would be still going - as there are more assaults in an average period of time. I'm not too sure of official statistics myself - but its worth stating that probably for every single case like this - there's a handful of 'racial' crimes where the victim is not caucasian. I haven't seen any comment on here on the Feltham Inquiry for the unfortunate murder of Zahid Mubarek - which was definitely racial and another failure of those who made the wrong decision too. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1364869,00.htm). Maybe its not the right place for it.

I think its sickening alone that these 'young' men had fcuk all to do - and to alleviate this boredom was to kidnap in this way and attack these poor boys. I hope they're punished in a way that reflects the agony that their victims went through. The police is there to investigate crime or anything that may lead up to crime whether its to do with a particular race, gender, whatever and this operation should not have been stopped based on the reason stated.
 
#4
PartTimePongo said:
Deleted by me last night.

Deleted because of comments you then made in "support" of your inital post

There is no policy of enforcing "Non-discussion" about the Islamic

community.
Why not delete just my later posts then ?
 
#5
islam is a religion not a race .So its got to have an extra law to protect it
why do we only ever hear from thin skined intolerant extremist islam when there are lot ofdecent human beings who are muslim?
 
#6
I think the guilty guy(s) may well meet an untimely demise in the showers at HMP Shotts as i believe there are a number of the (how shall i say it).....Skinheaded persuasion???? 8O

HE will undoubtedly be a target for all the neonazis that are in the same prison, so i dont think prison life will be too rosey for him

agetn smith
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#7
MyssL said:
When I last read that thread, it had a few replies and perhaps was heading towards a 'I hate all muslims' over-tone. I'm not saying that this was or wasn't your implication, but considering when the word 'muslim' is mentioned is this forum - the negative or racial tones that some other smaller-minded members can bring is probably something that the mods don't want ARRSE to be noted for - my own guess that is. Me personally - was not offend/disgusted/whatever by that or this thread.

IMO, there are some ar$ehole muslims, there are some ar$ehole whites, blacks, sikhs, etc - I wouldn't necessarily base a negative experience with one or more for an overview on the whole race (although asylum seekers...... hmmm :evil: :roll: :) ) - and I think you had said this yourself before.

In regards to your opening post on both threads, the parents of Kriss Donald must be spitting with fury against the heads of police in their area, and rightly so. I don't believe the reason Operation Gadher was stopped wasn't that its not pc - I think they're couldn't be bothered as there's less crime in this catergory - spending loads of money for setting up the op on the 'odd crime' - therefore why bother? (Not my opinion)
However, I do believe that if it was to investigate a spate of attacks if it was the other round - the operation would be still going - as there are more assaults in an average period of time. I'm not too sure of official statistics myself - but its worth stating that probably for every single case like this - there's a handful of 'racial' crimes where the victim is not caucasian. I haven't seen any comment on here on the Feltham Inquiry for the unfortunate murder of Zahid Mubarek - which was definitely racial and another failure of those who made the wrong decision too. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1364869,00.htm). Maybe its not the right place for it.

I think its sickening alone that these 'young' men had fcuk all to do - and to alleviate this boredom was to kidnap in this way and attack these poor boys. I hope they're punished in a way that reflects the agony that their victims went through. The police is there to investigate crime or anything that may lead up to crime whether its to do with a particular race, gender, whatever and this operation should not have been stopped based on the reason stated.

Boredom? You don't kill because you're bored.
 
#9
Biscuits_AB said:
MyssL said:
When I last read that thread, it had a few replies and perhaps was heading towards a 'I hate all muslims' over-tone. I'm not saying that this was or wasn't your implication, but considering when the word 'muslim' is mentioned is this forum - the negative or racial tones that some other smaller-minded members can bring is probably something that the mods don't want ARRSE to be noted for - my own guess that is. Me personally - was not offend/disgusted/whatever by that or this thread.

IMO, there are some ar$ehole muslims, there are some ar$ehole whites, blacks, sikhs, etc - I wouldn't necessarily base a negative experience with one or more for an overview on the whole race (although asylum seekers...... hmmm :evil: :roll: :) ) - and I think you had said this yourself before.

In regards to your opening post on both threads, the parents of Kriss Donald must be spitting with fury against the heads of police in their area, and rightly so. I don't believe the reason Operation Gadher was stopped wasn't that its not pc - I think they're couldn't be bothered as there's less crime in this catergory - spending loads of money for setting up the op on the 'odd crime' - therefore why bother? (Not my opinion)
However, I do believe that if it was to investigate a spate of attacks if it was the other round - the operation would be still going - as there are more assaults in an average period of time. I'm not too sure of official statistics myself - but its worth stating that probably for every single case like this - there's a handful of 'racial' crimes where the victim is not caucasian. I haven't seen any comment on here on the Feltham Inquiry for the unfortunate murder of Zahid Mubarek - which was definitely racial and another failure of those who made the wrong decision too. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1364869,00.htm). Maybe its not the right place for it.

I think its sickening alone that these 'young' men had fcuk all to do - and to alleviate this boredom was to kidnap in this way and attack these poor boys. I hope they're punished in a way that reflects the agony that their victims went through. The police is there to investigate crime or anything that may lead up to crime whether its to do with a particular race, gender, whatever and this operation should not have been stopped based on the reason stated.

Boredom? You don't kill because you're bored.
Yerr that's what I said too....
 
#10
Why not delete just my later posts then ?
It has occured to me to delete ALL your later posts.

However, I'm putting that to one side thanks to your PM.

PTP.
 
#11
Hi all,

First post here, altho I've been lurking for a while. With ref to the Kriss Donald murder, as I understand it the Asian guys weren't just hanging around with nothing to do and the attack was not random. I work with a Moslem girl whose sister was in the same class, and according to her it was an honour thing. Apparently Kriss had been hob nobbing with an Asian girl and the local gangsters didn't like it when he refused to be warned off. The local cops tried to write it off as a gang related incident and bent over backwards to avoid any mention of Asian involvement until the BNP started making a fuss and let the cat out of the bag.

On the other hand, my workmate was spitting blood about the murder, as were all her mates I ran across. I believe the information that led to the cops arresting the guy who has just been sent down and tracing the others to Pakistan came voluntarily from the local community.

There was also an interesting tid bit about the ones in hiding Pakistan in the local press, which may or may not have been reported further afield. Apparently Strathclyde constabulary approached their oppsite numbers in Pakistan with names and addresses. The Pakistani cops said sure, no problem, we'll get them for you, but here is a list of folk wanted here for terrorist offences we know are living in the UK. We can do a swop.

However, Strathclyde's finest could not go along with this because of the human rights legislation we are signed up for, which forbids extraditing folk to states which have the death penalty, They were a bit miffed apparently when the Pakistanis shrugged and said, well in that case, sorry... And that was the end of that.
 
#12
Hi, Thanks for that info.
 
#13
exMercian said:
Hi all,


There was also an interesting tid bit about the ones in hiding Pakistan in the local press, which may or may not have been reported further afield. Apparently Strathclyde constabulary approached their oppsite numbers in Pakistan with names and addresses. The Pakistani cops said sure, no problem, we'll get them for you, but here is a list of folk wanted here for terrorist offences we know are living in the UK. We can do a swop.

However, Strathclyde's finest could not go along with this because of the human rights legislation we are signed up for, which forbids extraditing folk to states which have the death penalty, They were a bit miffed apparently when the Pakistanis shrugged and said, well in that case, sorry... And that was the end of that.
we can extradite to a country which has the death penalty if they give us an undertaking it would not be carried out BUT we do not have an extradition treaty with Pakistan. This is nothing to do with human rights legislation - it would be illegal to send anyone there.
 
#14
Armourer, no drama, you're welcome.

Poppy, cheers for setting me straight about the extradition bit.. That will teach me to swallow what the Scots press puts about! :)

exMercian
 
#15
Anytime old bean 8)
 
#16
Regardless of wether he was killed for honour or 'just for fun', the guys who did this deserve to burn in hell. There is no situation where anyone whouls ever set a victim on fire!! That is just inhumane and deserves an instant bullet through the head!!! :evil:

i hope he gets his comeuppence when he passes from this world!!

agent smith
 
#17
Considering what they put Kriss Donald through a bullet through the head is far too merciful. I'm not sure I can think of a sufficiently unpleasent punishment for people who would do something that repulsive to anyone.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
woopert Current Affairs, News and Analysis 12
Murphy Seniors 53
T Multinational HQ 35

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top