RAC trades - civvi qualifications...any equivelent??

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Rarden_reaper, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there civvi equivilent qualifications for RAC trades? such as comm sig, crew mech etc?

Excuse spelling ~! :roll:

2. yes buddy, get in touch with your resettlement centre, they should be able to supply you with codes or your own RHQ, if your out contact your admin place thats sorts your pension...hope this helps...

3. Cheers pal

4. :D Crew Mech = American Hand Car wash sponge operative. :D
    NO is the answer unless you believe all the IIP crap dreamed up by ex squaddies to take lots of money from the corporate world :D

5. 3A is spot on. Don't believe the hype.

6. I used my Gunner Mech 120mm qualifications to operate a dish-washing maschine many moons ago...................if that helps!!

Anything usefull like working till ordered to stop will be quickly´stamped on by the unions :evil:

7. Con Sig et al will get GNVQ points. As yer man said, speak to the resettlement person.

8. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Once I had had my fun I transferred to RAPC (I raced yachts for the Army with the Paymaster and married his nanny), did one tour before being posted to the Computer Centre.

Learned PL/1 progamming and JCL for the IBM mainframe and now work as a Staff Software Engineer for IBM UK Limited Software Group UK IT.

The furries are all broken - no working furries