RAC - REME

Recently I passed my selection but didn't have the grade necessary for my first choice (REME) but have the grade for my alternative choice which is the Royal Armoured Corps.
I was thinking, is it possible to join in the RAC and transfer over to the REME after a certain amount of time, and if so how long?

Cheers.

I doubt it, if you havent reached a required 'standard' whats going to change? Why dont you post the query in the REME forum?

Doubt it OP.
Used to be REME only took the top few %.
That was over four decades ago though, may have changed but I doubt it.

Edited as I just realised how old I acksherrly am

Last edited:
Recently I passed my selection but didn't have the grade necessary for my first choice (REME) but have the grade for my alternative choice which is the Royal Armoured Corps.
I was thinking, is it possible to join in the RAC and transfer over to the REME after a certain amount of time, and if so how long?

Cheers.
Was in the REME for 14 years saw a lot transfer, all depends on shortfall in manning. Been out a while but happend a lot before cuts, which solved the problem of manning shortfall I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was in the REME for 14 years saw a lot transfer, all depends on shortfall in manning. Been out a while but happend a lot before cuts, which solved the problem of manning shortfall I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SOLVED the manning shortfall? That'll be a first!