RAC regiments for the slightly clueless

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Aquarian, Jun 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there, I read the thread about the Light Dragoons which interested me as am in a similar position to the fella who wrote it at the time the thread was first posted (except ill be going through RMAS), ie trying to get as much info on inf. and cav regiments as I can so that I know where I may want to end up eventually (still got a year of uni left).
    One of the replies mentioned that the 9/12th were not very well regarded at all ( the worst regiment in the RAC or something along those lines I seem to remember was said) ! Can anyone tell me anything about the Queens Royal Lancers and how they are regarded amongst the RAC. any info on RAC regiments would be good really. help would be much appreciated, thanks x

2. by the sight of that little kiss at the end of your post you are heading for the right corps! :wink:

3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

rgsm - go and play with a shovel will you, there's a good chap.

Aquarian - Search through he RAC forum. I belive the one about POs, a massive long thread about each Regiment. Clearly if getting your man to find the info for you is your thing then you need to look at the Household cav. If you have the gumption to look for yourself, well nuff said.

4. HCR - didn't they just have a gay orgy in their barracks! :oops:

5. mysteron

No it was the horse. Had too much stella and decided to kick off.....

6. Intelligent man's option-Armoured Engineers!

7. mysteron

Yes.....well done and stick to the laudanum old boy. Makes you think clearer.

8. intelligent mans option - the Int Corps! :?

9. Having had the pleasure of serving with lots of RAC units, here are some thoughts from a REME punter -

HCR - Good bunch of lads, but the Officers are up themselves.

LD - Another good bunch. They know how to enjoy themselves, although they think they are an SAS training regt.

RDG - Bunch of strokers who take pleasure in handing over shit vehicles to there so called comrades in arms whenecer they get the chance, which could mean trouble with WFM.

SCOTS DG - Bunch of miserable jock gits, who can't drink.

QRL - Good bunch, very professional a good giggle to serve with.

KRH - OK i suppose, but need to get rid of those hidious centre partings.

QRH - Bullshit central, but generally a good bunch.

9/12 - Never heard a good word said about them, but never had the pleasure myself.

As i said just my thoughts on some of the RAC units. Some of the strokers may have left units by now so things could have changed but i doubt it!!

Honi Soi - you out there yet?

10. Aquarian, do you qualify to be a Gentleman in the Cavalry? Have you still got the spoon you were born with, was your public school hugely expensive, do you greet people with the phrase "Air Hellair", did you have a polo pony before you bought the Porche and finally do you bank with a Private bank (Adam & Co would do)?

All these tests must really be passed doncha know?

11. mysteron

Couldn't agree more about the RDG, 9/12L and KRH.

RTR - Hate being called cav (and aren't) good blokes but have the Jt NBC Regt, not good for morale.

12. I think that the NBC Reg should be given to the RAF Reg - I bet the lads in 1RTR are PVR-ing by the bus load!

13. Fair comment. I say give it to the engineers, or may be better still one of those not so useful Cav Regiments!

14. Stroll on lads you are all talking the talk and walking the walk together for once.
    All the info given so far is spot on the button.
    You should listen to the REME they know what is what with regards to the RAC as they work with all of them and have an in-depth knowledge to make an informed/unbiased statement accordingly.

15. I dont't think that the Sappers want this lot.Give them to The Really Large Corps-I think??