Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAC Para Sqn

On of my old RSM's had done the reverse. Rhodesia, Cav > RAC Para Sqn >Cav.
Top bloke and a fantastic leader

My Tp Sgt in JLR RAC 1986 was 17/21 Ex-Para Sqn. Was a no-nonsense direct sort of bloke. Had the airborne flat-cap beret with the Skull & Crossbones. Looked as ally and an ally thing.
If you go back through the thread Cav, you'll see him in the reunion photos.
I was boll**ked by him at three different levels...
When he was IC Gunnery Wing.
D Sqn SSM.
..... then RSM.
When he took over D Sqn, he turned us into the fittest soldiers in 1 Div.
My dad was ex 3 Para, and PH once told me that the only reason my dad was 3 Para is because he wasn't good enough for RAC Para :)
He quite rightly wore those wings with pride, and every one of us had the utmost respect for him.

lillywite

Swinger
No2 looks like C M, am I right?
1 is Tom Courtney 2, Vic Howard. 3, brierley 1 Para, Dave Helmsley. 4, Tom Whip. 5, Jock Anderson. Tom Whip. Pete Butler. Cass Clayton. 6, Vick Howard. 7, Pete Butler. 8, Paddy Payne. 9, Cronin, A Davis, Woodcock,
ginge Davis, Collins, Ross. 10, Steve Buffrey. ????? 11, John Littlewood, Martin Fox. 13, Paddy O'Donohoe, Brian Bateman. 15,S Fuller, A Harcourt, T Wilmore ? F Owen. C Crawford. front ?? OC D Mallam, SSM ?, M Cronin

lillywite

Swinger
1 is Tom Courtney 2, Vic Howard. 3, brierley 1 Para, Dave Helmsley. 4, Tom Whip. 5, Jock Anderson. Tom Whip. Pete Butler. Cass Clayton. 6, Vick Howard. 7, Pete Butler. 8, Paddy Payne. 9, Cronin, A Davis, Woodcock,
ginge Davis, Collins, Ross. 10, Steve Buffrey. ????? 11, John Littlewood, Martin Fox. 13, Paddy O'Donohoe, Brian Bateman. 15,S Fuller, A Harcourt, T Wilmore ? F Owen. C Crawford. front ?? OC D Mallam, SSM ?, M Cronin
photos on page 12, names

So not Chris Mac then.

lillywite

Swinger
If you go back through the thread Cav, you'll see him in the reunion photos.
I was boll**ked by him at three different levels...
When he was IC Gunnery Wing.
D Sqn SSM.
..... then RSM.
When he took over D Sqn, he turned us into the fittest soldiers in 1 Div.
My dad was ex 3 Para, and PH once told me that the only reason my dad was 3 Para is because he wasn't good enough for RAC Para :)
He quite rightly wore those wings with pride, and every one of us had the utmost respect for him.
Hi, was PH Queens own Hussars

Went on to be QM of QOH and QRH on amalgamation.
That's right, he got his commission, last time I saw him was Albany in 1992, he was a captain.
We were in civvies and he had a little chat with me about an ear ring I was wearing.
I think it ended up in his pocket.

Latest Threads