RAC Para Sqn

I have tried to put on the site the photo of the Para Sqn lads erecting the flag pole on Pen y Fan.
but it says the upload file is too large. pity.

what an achievement 4 lads took cement, water, a flag pole, shuttering, and the flag, grease and carried it all up Pen y Fan and erected it and flew the flag at half mast to symbolize the disbandment of the Sqn, the MPs tried for months to track down the culprits, but to no avail.
that was the die hard spirit of all who served in the Parachute Squadron Royal Armoured Corps to a man.
I had the honour of serving in this elite Squadron.

sorry to be forward whiskybreath but a very good write up to the men who served thanks.

Please do get that photo displayed here. You can reduce size with Irfanview.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm sat at a tablet. When I'm on the (pretty much as shipped) PC later, I'll write up something if you haven't got a fix by then.

BopBopBop

War Hero
tried it Alien but still to large
You can use Lit Photo (free app) on android.

Select compress photos, then select images from your gallery, click OK, then click start compressing.

You should be able to find the compressed picture in a new Lit Photo folder in your gallery.

You can also resize the picture.

I have tried to put on the site the photo of the Para Sqn lads erecting the flag pole on Pen y Fan.

what an achievement 4 lads took cement, water, a flag pole, shuttering, and the flag, grease and carried it all up Pen y Fan and erected it and flew the flag at half mast to symbolize the disbandment of the Sqn, the MPs tried for months to track down the culprits, but to no avail.
that was the die hard spirit of all who served in the Parachute Squadron Royal Armoured Corps to a man.

sorry to be forward whiskybreath but a very good write up to the men who served thanks.
I posted this a while ago but it's the way I resize my images. This will work if you images are on your PC and using Windows.

and many followed the 2ic to Rhodesia.
On of my old RSM's had done the reverse. Rhodesia, Cav > RAC Para Sqn >Cav.
Top bloke and a fantastic leader

My Tp Sgt in JLR RAC 1986 was 17/21 Ex-Para Sqn. Was a no-nonsense direct sort of bloke. Had the airborne flat-cap beret with the Skull & Crossbones. Looked as ally and an ally thing.

Someone got a pool table up there once.

Latest Threads