Discussion in 'RAC' started by hardcore92, Jan 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. dont know wether to join the light dragoons or observation post assistant
    was wondering if anybody has any advice to help
  2. You've just been told to look at other posts, so do it! You're going to have to make big tough decisions at one stage in your life.
  3. i have looked and i dont seem to be getting anywhere
  4. Been to the careers office? If not go down there, get some more info. My recruiter gave me a really rubbish computer 'game', more and more literature and a funny look when I told him I was interested in being a gunner. Helps to talk to someone who really knows and not wannabes like me.
  5. yeah iv been to the careers office done all the tests any passed selection
    but because im on the febs burasry i have a few months to make my final job choice
  6. At the very top of the page, there is the word 'SEARCH'

Click on this and type in either 'Observation Post Assistant' or 'Light Dragoons'.

Only you can make the decision, nobody CAN help you with it. Search away, read up, ask any questions you can't find answers to.
  7. Check your PMs, hardcore.
  8. Be a man - join the RAC

Being Armd Recce you can do TAC(P) amongst other delightful tasks
  9. but from the qualification side there are less in rac than ra
  10. and i have wedge
  11. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

It is (was 30 years ago) perfectly possible to transfer after you have time in. I had the seven best years of my life in armoured recce (now called formation recce) before transferring to RAPC (now AGC) and training on IBM mainframe computers. I now work for the second biggest corporation in the world and don't regret much of it at all.

For chrissake don't make a decision about what you want to do with your whole life based on what might happen down the line. Make the appropriate choice now (which is obviously RAC) then worry about what you are going to do next further down the line.

In my day, the day-to-day of the RA was hell compared with the day-to-day of RAC. If you make the wrong decision now, it'll screw you for years to come and potentially turn your head the wrong way.

If you want to play with boy-toy armoured vehicles every day, join the RAC. If you want to be bullsh!tted from arrsehole to breakfast time 50 weeks a year then fire a few rounds of large-calibre ammo the remaining two, join the RA.

(That's how it was in the 1970s: don't blame me if it's all changed in the last 30 years.)
  12. Join the RAC.

......the other bunch charge more for 'Home Start'.
  13. what u mean
  14. Mate Formation Recce RAC is the job to do. Lots and lots of bullsh@t in the RA. You will get plenty of Action in FR, and you can become a proper FAC.
  15. What do you mean there is a lot of BS in The RA Tally?