RAC Officer-An Idiots guide

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Blewitt, Mar 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I posted elsewhere:

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: which reg should i join

Can any of you fountains of knowledge tell me what mess life (officer) is like in the above regmts? QDG, KRH, RTR and so on...

On some of my recent visits I have met the Cavalry-recv'd-pronun-Bollinger RD-quaffing-toffo and that sort's plainly not for me.

Something more down to earth, with decent sorts....

Is there anywhere?

Since I'm headed for the factory soon I wanted to know all you ARRSE punters' views on the various regiments and their officers and/or mess life in general.

As you can tell, daddy wasn't sticking one up those fuzzy-wasssies back in the day, nor do I have much in the way of regimental connections to form an early view.

Any input?
  2. With all due respect, this question makes you sound a bit of a tool. For example, your reference to the "Cavalry-recv'd-pronun-Bollinger RD-quaffing-toffo," followed swiftly by calling them, "that sort." Almost as is the "toffo" had spoken, don't you think?

If you don't have much in the way of Regimental connections, then surely your best bet is to get down to Bovvy in the first instance, and then ask to go on a longer visit to the Regiment that grabs your attention. While it's not necessarily true that your local Regiment is the best place to go, it's probably one of the best places to start.
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Post subject: RAC Officer-An Idiot's guide

Why do you need a guide?
    You seem to be doing all right on your own

Nothing like starting off on the right foot ( and that was.....) :wink:
  4. Sounds to me like, if you're dead set on being a walloper, the People's cav is the one for you.
  5. While your first post makes you a ccok, I would suggest getting to see the Army in it's entirety before I make a decion on Corps etc...If you think they're all Bollinger swillers, you're not only outdated (it's Veuve thedays old chap) but you're utterly wrong...after all...I've an accent that would shape most etonians...
  6. You have to get to/through Sandhurst first and then see which Regt will have you. It might narrow your options down considerably.
  7. Well, the toffos are in, and you're not so you wouldn't fit in any way.

Try a Gunners Mess, they tend to pick up the dross that can't handle life in a Cavalry Mess, but their better bods would probably have you down as an arse and ship you of to Bovy for re-training at the first opportunity!
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

A poor atempt at a wind up and on the edge of the hole ready to drop in.
  9. The Cavalry definately isn't for you old bean. They wouldn't like your sort anyway, you come across as rather too common. :D
  10. Cheers Macks, Ozduke et al for your input :)

Before I drop into the hole I'm digging I'll stop, look around a bit more and chew the cud- no harm in that, eh?