RAC Locations

Discussion in 'RAC' started by aghart, Nov 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Home

The above website lists the arms plot moves of the whole army from 1945. Within the RAC there is I'm sure a couple of mistakes. It shows 14/20H leaving Herford in 1976 and going straight to Hohne. I'm sure when we replaced them in Herford they went to Bovington for 18 months and then went to Hohne. Also it shows 17/21L in Tidworth in the late 70's when I seem to recall they too went as RAC centre Regiment, after 14/20H and before 16/5L, can anyone please confirm this?
  2. I'm not sure what the dates imply for the hospitals (http://british-army-units1945on.co.uk/RAMC.aspx):
    BMH Munster Germany: Munster
    Catterick Military Hospital England: Catterick 1915 - 1976
    Colchester Military Hospital England: Colchester 1856 - 17 Dec 77
    I've been in all them (as a patient...) outside of those dates (later, rather than earlier) and they were active military hospitals then. OK, there's no dates for Mûnster.
  3. If you notice on the bottom of the pages they have an "admin" e-mail address for sending in corrections or comments. Why dont you send in your query direct to them?
  4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

It seems that list does not take into account single Squadron postings, the 17/21st were in Bovington with a sqn in Tidworth and another in Lulworth in 1979
  5. They "assume" they are correct unless someone tells them different, that is why I need to confirm my views before contacting them. I don't want to send in "duff" info to compound an error. I want to be able to point out an error and be able to provide accurate information to correct said error.

So are there any ex 14/20H out there who can confirm where they went after Herford? The 17/21L question has been answered in part.
  6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

RAC units as a rule were always situated near large supermarkets.

Also the real reason they wore coveralls most of the time was due to camps being close to the cake counters at Aldi/sainsburys/Kaufland/netto no military uniforms fitted. Hence buying direct from Kwik fit and tentage outlets across the globe.

So, to summarise: Tankies are fat smelly cnuts who eat too much cake.
  7. You are totally incorrect. There was no supermarket at El Alamein.. All they had was a kiosk for John Menzies on platform 2 of the El Alamein railway station.
  8. Porridge_gun

Yeah but in fairness, whats not been made public knowledge is that Monty had insisted that convoys of Ginsters, dairy milk, cathedral city cheese and other calorie loaded scoff make their way to them. Sadly customs at Gibralter weren't that quick.

He only gave it to Rommel because he heard the Jerrys had a Karsdadt and a Lidl set up in their camp.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That is supposed to remain secret for one hundred years.

My dad was in an elite unit of RASC/EFI charged with ensuring that Hampers from Fortnum and Mason were fast-tracked out to the Western desert.
  10. Porridge_gun

Then you should be proud that his legacy lives on, evidenced by the Royal Armoured Corps ironing their covvies over a wok.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The Italians provided excellent wine.
  12. 14/20th-13/18th and then QOH and that between Jan 73 and Sept 74 the time I was in JLR´s !!
  13. I agree, whilst the real cavalry were svelte sex machines. Though for some reason, the AAC trained at Bovvy, i guess that was so we had something to laugh at in the mornings,when 30 fat AAC troopers went toddling for two toast and tea.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Porridge_gun

Opposed to the 3 eggs, 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 3 fried bread, bean, black pudding an dother heart stopping tankie delicacies.
  15. Fcuking amazing!Fourteen posts with about 6 that are actually on topic,PG are you realy a MOD? If you are then please consider fcuking yourself off if you have nothing constructive to write or go to your RLC forum or whichever stone you crawled under from.

RAC Forum´s going from bad to fcuking ridiculous lately :(
    • Like Like x 3