RAC History - this concerns you!

Dear all, I have just taken up the brand new post of official Historian to the RAC. What I am trying to do initially is to get the regiments to get into the habit of recording and archiving their history as they go along - so much of out past has been lost in the burn bag or with the push of the Delete button.

What i hope is of more interest to the old comrades reading this is that I will also start an initiative to encourage you - all of you - to search through your attics and look for material (uniforms, publications, equipment etc) that you know will never see the light of day, offends the wife, and would be better off being preserved before the kids throw it in the skip when you croak.

My remit is up to me, so I am keen to establish comms with those of you who would like to help with this project. For non-ARRSE comments I am contactable at RACHistorian@royaltankregiment.com - don't be fooled by the address, it just so happens that my Bovington office is within HHQ RTR, but I'm independent!

RJT

Do 6 Challys and a slack handfull of Scorps still count as a Corps, lol?

Only joking- (honest) good luck with the task before we fade into oblivion.

Do 6 Challys and a slack handfull of Scorps still count as a Corps, lol?

Only joking- (honest) good luck with the task before we fade into oblivion.

Edit: interestingly enough I binned my Int Corps beret when I retired in 2004 but still have my RTR beret that I haven't worn since 1985- loyalty runs deep!

Doh! Failed at the first hurdle - the EM address to use is .org, not .com! And yes, HCav as well - current practice is NOT to refer to HCav & RAC as we are used to, but simply RAC, which includes the Yeomanry as well!

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
There will be tantrums in Knightsbridge when HCav find out they are RAC
Never mind Knightsbridge. Wait until Telford in May when the 11th hear they're being lumped in with anyone.