RAC - Confirmed kills since 1945

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by old_bloke, Jun 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to even things up :D
  2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

A 16/5L Scorpion apparently killed a T55 on Granby.
  3. 'twere not a scorpion (the RAF wasacs and H & S Nazties had already binned them) it 'twere a Striker ooh arrr
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Didn't "The most decorated man in the Army" a HCR CoH take on and defeat a T55 during Telic in a Scimiter?
  5. Not on Granby they hadn't. 1 Sqn RAF Regiment still had their Scorps - I knew a guy who shoited himself when the order "load AP" came... luckily for them it was a T-55 that was already k/o'd.

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

IIRC 34 Sqn where still cutting about in Scorpions until about 1994 in Cyprus until they changed over to Cpl Jones' butcher van (Saxon)
  7. No, that actually WAS Cpl Jones' butchers van..... :lol:
  8. My gunner (CR1) shot 5 x T55s, 1x ZSU23/4 and some sort of bunker.

....I don't think there was anyone in them though :oops: :x

Quis Separabit

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum
  9. All this confirmed kills (or lack thereof) talk will surely get some bean counter thinking somewhere.
    Keep this sort of talk up and the British military will consist of
    1x Aircraft Carrier (can be doubled up as a troop ship)
    1x Typhoon
    1x Battalion of Mechanized Infantry
  10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Suits-U your siggy block is the funniest thing I have seen all day.

But it has been a quiet day ...

11. Jolly unsporting of them i say, denying a chap his l33t killz0rz and all that. Maybe they were griefers and had got banz0red already.
  12. 16/5th knocked out 6 tanks, 1 APC, though damaged and abandoned were a lot more. That also doesnt include those knocked out by airstrikes and or Artillery called in.
  13. Though if confirmed kills also mean Infantry, then RAC has killed, well, lots.
  14. I'd be pretty miffed at getting an order like that.

Where are you supposed to find AP for a 76mm, eh?

All the best,

15. Didn't the Scots DG hand out a good slapping to some iraqi tanks on Telic 1?