RAC Advice

#1
Hello All,

Been lurking for awhile, decided to start asking questions. I'm 23 this month and have been considering the RAC, In particular, RECCE. Could someone be so kind, In giving me some Information on the best Regiments for this and there day to day role and any other relevant details.

Much Appreciated

R_D
 
#2
you just joining up if so why not go into RTR and be on a real tank all that sneaky beaky aint all its cracked up to be just a bunch of prima donas dressed up in their pti shirts strutting their stuff a lot easier silencing a target with 120mm compared to 76mm.
 
#5
orville said:
even so id rather a 76 compared to a 30 but you cant beat 120mm to make a job more complete.
It sounds like someone has a size problem and is trying to make up for it with ballistics :roll:
come on young sir you can confide in us :D
 
#6
Rounds_Down said:
Hello All,

Been lurking for awhile, decided to start asking questions. I'm 23 this month and have been considering the RAC, In particular, RECCE. Could someone be so kind, In giving me some Information on the best Regiments for this and there day to day role and any other relevant details.

Much Appreciated

R_D
Depends were you live? Join your "local" RAC Regiment, is much easier to get a lift home when on leave. But seriously, have a look around various Regiments websites etc that will give you a biased view of day to day life current activities etc Link Here......... Have a look and see what you think.
Contrary to what many say on here RAC Regiments, be they Armoured or Recce are very much similar (ie All Recce and all Armoured similar to each respective type) and I'm sure you would have an exciting career whichever one you chose to join.
 
#7
Thank you for your replys. Regards to Regiments, the Queens Royal Lancers and the Light Dragoons sounded Interesting. As Im In Birmingham, I don't think there are any local RAC regiments near here, but I may be wrong. Theres no harm joining a reg, thats not local Is It?

R_D
 
#8
Rounds_Down said:
Thank you for your replys. Regards to Regiments, the Queens Royal Lancers and the Light Dragoons sounded Interesting. As Im In Birmingham, I don't think there are any local RAC regiments near here, but I may be wrong. Theres no harm joining a reg, thats not local Is It?

R_D
No, not at all, was a wry attempt at humour on my part. You can join whichever one you fancy.
 
#12
How would the Light Dragoons be rated? Anybody know what there day to day roles are, I am very stuck on which regiment to join, within the RAC.

R_D
 
#17
Well I'm trying to decide, between the LD and the QRL. The Army website just basically says the same thing. I wanted real life opinions of them. It's doing my nut In, trying to decide.

R_D
 
#18
Rounds_Down said:
Well I'm trying to decide, between the LD and the QRL. The Army website just basically says the same thing. I wanted real life opinions of them. It's doing my nut In, trying to decide.

R_D
The LD recruit from the North East, Geordies and Yorkshiremen. You could have some Laungauge problems!!!!
QRL recruit from Staffordshire and "somewhere else" Staffordshire is next door to Brum!!

does that make it easier for you?
 
#20
when you get to training why dont you see which one you prefer you dont have to badge straight away so it will give you a little time to decide.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top