Rabbit & Pheasant

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Biscuits_Brown, Nov 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just in from a run to Tesco for milk and they had a bag of mixed rabbit & pheasant pieces in the cheapie corner... Use by today.

Impulsive supermarket designer's dream that I am, I bought it.

Anyone any suggestions?
  2. Suet pudding?
  3. Might just do the filling of one and forget about the crust!

What's going to go well with that combination though? Can't use mushrooms as her nibs wont eat 'em.
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Mushrooms and tell her to bloody well pick them out. fussy bloody eaters!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Tell me about it. She throws up at even the vaguest of hint of them in food, did a steak & kidney pud once and used mushroom ketchup - Took me weeks to get the bits out of the cracks in the parquet.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Some sort of curry
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ah you didn't say she projectile vomits at the merest sniff of them.

make to pots then one for you one for her. And use roast chestnuts they'll go good with game.
  8. Good call, go with the Curry, pies are a faf although they are wonderful if done properly.
  9. Mushrooms and some Worcestershire sauce with some stock. She can pick them out.
  10. That goes well with Fan Potatoes....

Take 2 large peeled pototoes and slice lengthways.

Place a biro in front of the half potatoes, slice down with a knife at 1/4 in intervals, the biro stopping you slicing right through.

Oil a roasting tin and put pots flat side down, oiling the tops, roast for 45 minutes or so at 170c until brown and crispy.

Served with roasted carrots and parsnips works well.
  11. Stewed in red wine!
  12. do a game casserole - yummy with mash and green beans or veg of your choice. I would do it with mushroms but chestnuts would work. I use this recipie (more or less) for venison casserole and you could probably adapt it easily