Rabbi bans women from local election

The chief rabbi of a West Bank settlement has prohibited women from standing in a local community election.

Rabbi Elyakim Levanon of the Elon Moreh settlement, near Nablus, said women lacked the authority to stand for the post of local secretary.

He wrote in a community newspaper that women must only be heard through their husbands.

No women have registered for the election due to be held later on Wednesday, Israeli media reported.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10161713.stm

At last!! Something i can agree with.... :judge:

T

trowel

tubbs1970 said:
The chief rabbi of a West Bank settlement has prohibited women from standing in a local community election.

Rabbi Elyakim Levanon of the Elon Moreh settlement, near Nablus, said women lacked the authority to stand for the post of local secretary.

He wrote in a community newspaper that women must only be heard through their husbands.

No women have registered for the election due to be held later on Wednesday, Israeli media reported.

Moronic Yid, moronic Muzzie. What`s the difference? Zilch, that`s what.

trowel said:
tubbs1970 said:

Moronic Yid, moronic Muzzie. What`s the difference? Zilch, that`s what.
Not having a good weekend then?

Seems like a good idea to me, the British Empire started to go downhill after the emancipation of women which led directly to Harriet Harman.

T

trowel

Chef said:
Seems like a good idea to me, the British Empire started to go downhill after the emancipation of women which led directly to Harriet Harman.
The British Empire really started to get going during the reign of Good Queen Bess. Of the female persuassion, I believe :?

Sadly the decliane cannot be blamed on the womenfolk. It all started top go wrong about 1870, when we stopped ganging up with the Germans against the French and signed the "entente cordial". :( They let us down badly in two world wars and are still intent on our destruction.

Tubbs, I fear you are clutching at straws with your latest trawl of the net for anything to do with Israel that might fit your agenda.

Of course It would work much better if the Arab world surrounding Israel treated their women well.

The actions of 1 stupid Rabbi hardly dictate the opinion of a nation, or do you think it does? before answering you should probably consider past leaders of the country, including one of the most respected......Golda Meir.

Out of interest, what relevance do you think this thread has to the British Military?

Pocoyo said:
Tubbs, I fear you are clutching at straws with your latest trawl of the net for anything to do with Israel that might fit your agenda.

Of course It would work much better if the Arab world surrounding Israel treated their women well.

The actions of 1 stupid Rabbi hardly dictate the opinion of a nation, or do you think it does? before answering you should probably consider past leaders of the country, including one of the most respected......Golda Meir.

Out of interest, what relevance do you think this thread has to the British Military?
Stupid rabbi? You anti-semitic nazi baby killer! How dare you say israel has no right to exist! Take your hate somewhere else fascist pig.

Relevance? Hmmm, maybe i should have posted this in the news and current affairs forum..... ?

p.s. u do know it's friday night, right? i was going to rave bout the merits of 7.62 over 5.56, but thought fcuk it, i'll try to raise a smile.

You all stink of dogfarts

Flagrantviolator said:
No i don't.

I definately smell of my own farts - the dog has moved to the far side of the room in disgust. But wait... what is that i can smell now, it is like a refuge camp with no running water... must be unfragrant Flagrant, the unwashed but unusually busy whore with a mature nsi.

tubbs1970 said:
Flagrantviolator said:
No i don't.

I definately smell of my own farts - the dog has moved to the far side of the room in disgust. But wait... what is that i can smell now, it is like a refuge camp with no running water... must be unfragrant Flagrant, the unwashed but unusually busy whore with a mature nsi.
Never mind the rest of the thread, that made me lol. Nice delivery. :lol:

Dammit! Votes for women!

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I love the way that Jews and Muslims agree on most things (seeing that Muhammad took most of Judaism when he started his 'club' - allegedly;) ) in terms of second class treatment of women, togetherness on prophets, and a lot of other things (aside from holy days and a few key points, seeing as 'Mo' was peeved at the Jews at being laughed at by them), yet they can't get along together.

Command_doh said:
I love the way that Jews and Muslims agree on most things (seeing that Muhammad took most of Judaism when he started his 'club' - allegedly;) ) in terms of second class treatment of women, togetherness on prophets, and a lot of other things (aside from holy days and a few key points, seeing as 'Mo' was peeved at the Jews at being laughed at by them), yet they can't get along together.
From what i can see this is one of them love/hate relationships... i wonder if one of them Relate councillors could help....

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/can-love-come-back-again.html

Maybe we should write an anonymous letter on their behalf....

Dear Cupid,

My partner and i have been having some communication problems recently, and, although i hate to say it, he has been violent towards me.

I must admit that i have been difficult too - adding laxatives to his morning porridge, putting pepper in his underpants AND pretending not to come when we make love (our sex life is still very good - he has always enjoyed bondage, not to mention receiving a good spanking! Although recently he is becoming a little more dominant and keeps buying bizarre sex toys)

Our main problem seems to stem from sharing space in our conjugal home - he has the garden shed and study, whilst the kitchen and bathroom are my domains. The area of conflict seems to be the sofa and poof in the family room, not to mention who has their finger on the remote control button!

Can you give us any constructive advice please? I just can't imagine us been apart - we have been through so much together.

We have had advice in the past and have even had some court rulings (UN Resolution 242 for example), but he just seems so arrogant and thinks he is above the law.

I know deep down he is a kind and gentle person, but he feels misunderstood (i think he was bullied throughout his child hood if this is relevant).

Please help!

From Confused of Stoke-on-Trent

whalley said:
Leave Stoke on trent out of this and any way what has Stoke got to do with Judaism or mohammet?
Shhhh! FFS! It was supposaed to be annonymous!

Maybe 'our friends' don't like hanging their dirty washing out in public.... haven't they been embarressd enough recently (UK passports, Nukes to S.Africa, etc, etc)