RA troops on Junior Brecon

Had a lad come over to me saying he'd done Junior Brecon whilst capbadged as RA because, so he said, all RA now do Juniors before they get their second.

Am I so out of date to not know this or is he a Juniors walt?

You'll probably find he was doing the SAA phase of Juniors in order to gain his 1-3 range quals.

I had a cloud-puncher in my SAA section many moons ago, but didn't see him again when we started the Tac phase.

50 Missile Regt used to send bods on SCBC, Both phases, I had 2 Blokes on my course in 89, Along with 2 yanks, and a walt from the RAF regt. Apparently they were from the defence Troop/Battery/Gaggle whatever those arty bods call a platoon.

Back in the day,my Sqn required those who passed the J/NCO cadre,to do PRBS(as it was then) at Brecon,before promotion.

50 Missile Regt used to send bods on SCBC, Both phases, I had 2 Blokes on my course in 89, Along with 2 yanks, and a walt from the RAF regt. Apparently they were from the defence Troop/Battery/Gaggle whatever those arty bods call a platoon.
Probabley Special Defence Group or SDG for short. Each Battery had a Troop of SDG to protect the Lance Missile in the field and in storage. Troop is an RA platoon. Gaggle for the Royal Signals.