RA Special Observer

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by ledgejigsaw, Sep 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Everyone

This is my first post here, although i have been reading through for a while.

I have passed my BARB and I am now just waiting to have my medical cleared by my GP, he said everything's fine so just a matter of waiting now I guess.

Anyway, I have been reading through all the different career options, one that has caught my eye is the RA Special Observer, is anyone here currently or previously in/done this job, I would definately appreciate some information.

I know that it won't be easy but I am quite determined and would appreciate any help that I could get.

Many Thanks

Ben

2. Special Observers are part of 4/73 Sphinx (Special Observation) Battery RA

Search for any combinations of that title and you will find just about everything you need, I'm buggered if I'm going to right it all up again. (Clue there are 2 posts on the subject visible on the front board page)

I will say one thing mind, although possible, I would advise you NOT to go from training, there is an expectation of knowledge and experience to pass, there is roughly a 1 in 10 pass rate and those that pass are either older gunners or lance jacks with a tour or two under their belt.

3. give it a crack mate, we'll teach you what you need to know! the course is all arms as well if anybody is interested. you keep your unit headress whilst on 2 year ere posting if you pass the course. i'm ex infantry myself but decided to transfer and stay with the job. love sh**ting in clingfilm, it just does it for me!

4. u cant apply if u have contacts can u cause im thinkin of applying bt i wear contacts or glasses.i no its a stupid question bt who cares

5. You daft chav.