RA Roles

Discussion in 'Officers' started by cywnfawr, Sep 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What do officers actually do in the RA?

I assume theres a wide variety of jobs.

I've trawled through all the docs I got sent, but it doesn't mention anything.

2. Have a gander through here:
  3. Thanks mate. I'm surprised I missed that. Convinced me even more that RA would be my favourite choice.
  4. Why don't you see if you can get on a FAM visit with them. Then you will know for sure if indeed they are your favourite choice. As I was told recently, "Go with your gut, your gut won't be wrong!" Good luck.
  5. Check your post from RA thread...I can't be ARRSEd to type it all again!
  6. msr

msr LE

Perhaps you need to create a wiki page ?

7. I am severely technophobic...a recent condition as I used to be OK on computers.

Also I am supposed to be working...occasionally.
  8. Do you have a black labrador?
  9. Mostly pig-headed arrogance. :D
  10. We do pig headed arrogance? Or we are pig headed and arrogant?

And I have a black lab thing sort of bitsa. Not my fault though - it just wanted to be rescued more than the others at the pound!
  11. msr

msr LE

I think you mean strident confidence.
  12. Oi! I resemble that comment!
  13. That's a good question.I did my own FOOing in one war,and I was a sapper! Ah,I also had an FAC instructional course(1 day) and 30 mins on 81mm mortar.Seemed to do fine for the next 18 months!At least I did not kill any of my own blokes.However the gunners did manage to fire a 5.5 inch airburst round over me,and fire an FPF task,without my confirmation!There again,I did not see too many gunner officers drilling for water,building airfields etc.... They had a very nice gun position on a beach and ate crayfish every day,which-more or less-marched out of the water!
  14. Mmmmm - crayfish.