RA Roles

What do officers actually do in the RA?

I assume theres a wide variety of jobs.

I've trawled through all the docs I got sent, but it doesn't mention anything.

Cheers.

cywnfawr said:
What do officers actually do in the RA?

I assume theres a wide variety of jobs.

I've trawled through all the docs I got sent, but it doesn't mention anything.

Cheers.
Have a gander through here:
Clicky

Thanks mate. I'm surprised I missed that. Convinced me even more that RA would be my favourite choice.
Why don't you see if you can get on a FAM visit with them. Then you will know for sure if indeed they are your favourite choice. As I was told recently, "Go with your gut, your gut won't be wrong!" Good luck.

django_strikes said:
Check your post from RA thread...I can't be ARRSEd to type it all again!
Perhaps you need to create a wiki page ?

msr

We do pig headed arrogance? Or we are pig headed and arrogant?

And I have a black lab thing sort of bitsa. Not my fault though - it just wanted to be rescued more than the others at the pound!

That's a good question.I did my own FOOing in one war,and I was a sapper! Ah,I also had an FAC instructional course(1 day) and 30 mins on 81mm mortar.Seemed to do fine for the next 18 months!At least I did not kill any of my own blokes.However the gunners did manage to fire a 5.5 inch airburst round over me,and fire an FPF task,without my confirmation!There again,I did not see too many gunner officers drilling for water,building airfields etc.... They had a very nice gun position on a beach and ate crayfish every day,which-more or less-marched out of the water!