RA/RHA Regimental Dress Policy?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by GunnersQuadrant, Oct 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Having been in the RA for a good few years it has been pretty apparent that not all the regiments adhere to a standard dress code throughout.

Some units still wear their stable belts, some have even comissioned their own (even batterys have )and wear them. Others make their own rank slides. Nowhere is this more apparent than at the RschA during the course year, however on a recent visit i was talking to a group of guys from four different units and not one of us was dressed the same way.

What i want to know from the many serving/non serving gunners out there is what policy have you in place that you have noticed is different from the rest of RA or if you are in one of the above mentioned units (or not mentioned yet) and want to comment.

2. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

19 regiments tartan rankslide (a different pattern to 40 regt's).

I'm an Englishman, not a jock. *mumble mumble*
  3. 105 regiment's tartan rankslide (a different pattern to 19 and 40 regt's).

A Scottish tartan for a non Scottish Regiment? *mumble mumble*

....and the lovely lime green tartan Trews to match.
  4. Havent 7 Battery, 29 Commando got a different stable belt to the rest of 29?
  5. 22 used to wear those blue cloth patch capbadge thingies when they were in Dortmund.

Who was it that had the light grey stable belt?
  6. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Come on Cdo_Gnr give us the answer :)
  7. That abortion is a Tartan?.I thought someone had been ill down their shirt front after a solvent abuse session.
  8. Can't say i remember 7 Bty having a different stable belt but then again i was 20 bty not 29. We wore the commando gunners stable belt too, which put some noses out at 29 because they thought it was a regimental belt.

Also used to wear stone shirts in barracks and onboard ship (i guess that's gone now with the introduction of all that DPM stuff)

I also remember the great variations from regiment to regiment on the policy of RA titles. Some did, some didn't, some had the large ones for SNCOS and small ones for ORs and at one point 16 Rgt. even had buttons on the eppaulettes.
  9. Remember 94 used to wear those Officer type cloth cap badges, wondered why Officers were stagging on the gate, nearly threw a salute aswell :lol:

10. Many a young Gunner from 94 Regiment would casually walk through The RSA wearing a cloth cap-badge, only to have some group of WO II's salute him. :D

I always used to return my salutes, mind. It's only good manners after all.... :D
  11. Ahh cloth capbadges, they were the days :D

Oh and I know for a fact that 29 Cdo had there own belt

As fpr Bty belts only the letterd bty's had them, so all the RHA and ex-rha regts, I remember 7 Para and thier multi coloured ones
  12. Not to mention the few Green Eyed boys that also wore there multi coloured Bty belts with Pegasus buckles, worn over Jumper when out of camp but the RSMs pet hate!! The good old days!
  13. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

In 2nd we all had bty belts, including 46 bty which dispels the myth of lettered btys only, eagle bty snco'c wore eagle buttons on mess dress waistcoats.
  14. Interesting, but was thet not the only numbered bty in the regt ???

DO you think it could of been a case of making one up so they didn't feel out of place ??? :D
  15. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Yes they were the only numbered bty, and they were well integrated