RA (Para)

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Stewi, Oct 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering how to apply for the 7th (Para) RA. Also do the times for the 1.5m etc. differ from the rest of the RA?

First off its 7 RHA not RA, small point (unless you want to join 21 AD Bty of course)

How do you join ? Just ask when you join up, concentrate on fitness obviously, you should be looking at a sub 9.30 one and a half mile run if you want a realistic chance, but don't sweat if you don't manage that at your recruit selection, they will build on that at Pirbright

Good Luck

PS have a back up plan (i.e another unit ) if you don't make it, go in with a positive attitude by all means but be aware that the majority fail P Coy, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a test would it
  3. Cheers mate. I also want to know if the training of 7 RHA is more or less the same as the normal para's and what exactly is the role of the 7 RHA, obviously artillery but do they also carry out operations similar or along side the para's or infantry? ( sorry about saying RA instead of RHA, still learning all the regiments names and their roles)