RA OCdt rank slide

Can anyone point me to a good source of these, as we have some promising TASOs heading in our direction?

msr

I had to use black and nasty on mine.

The shame!

There are some floating about, and I'd probably suggest speaking to The School on it.

Spoke to Garrison PRI and they said they would have to order a minimum of 200 and didn't think there would be sufficient demand.

msr

msr said:
Can anyone point me to a good source of these, as we have some promising TASOs heading in our direction?

msr
Do they hold a commission, no. There is therefore no requirement for them to dress as officers, give them ORs rank slides.

Morris_Viper said:
msr said:

msr
Do they hold a commission, no. There is therefore no requirement for them to dress as officers, give them ORs rank slides.
You really don't have a clue, do you?

msr

Nope, all the rank slides for OCdt either have the OTC they are from, or RMAS on or are bare. The capbadge should be the Regt and only when on Officer Trging should they then remove that and go to a RMAS capbadge. (Assuming they are doing it with the TA at an RTC and not with the OTC, then they keep thier Regt capbadge).

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
Nope, all the rank slides for OCdt either have the OTC they are from, or RMAS on or are bare. The capbadge should be the Regt and only when on Officer Trging should they then remove that and go to a RMAS capbadge. (Assuming they are doing it with the TA at an RTC and not with the OTC, then they keep thier Regt capbadge).
What about TASOs? There are some very small minded people posting today...

Tried Lancashire Embroidery, msr?

CaptainPlume said:
It's going to have to be self help...

msr said:
CaptainPlume said:
It's going to have to be self help...
Seriously, they used to knock up bespoke Xx Yeo ones for me a pair at a time for about a fiver a pair!

Nearer a tenner a pair now :(

msr said:
Morris_Viper said:
msr said:

msr
You really don't have a clue, do you?

msr
Private
Lance Corporal/Bombadier
Corporal/Bombadier
Sergeant
Colour Sergeant/Staff Sergeant
Warrent Officer class II
Warrent Officer class I
Second Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Captain
Major
Lieutenant Colonel
Colonel
Brigadier
Major General
Lieutenant General
General
Field Marshal

The army rank structure last time i looked unless you know something i dont.Where does it say O/Cdt, oh nowhere, because as a rank it exists purely within the confines of the OTCs and RMAS,when a TASO works with his parent cap badge he wears that cap badges beret and staplebelt and his own OTC rank slide, ours however use to prefer wearing OR rank slides.

msr said:
Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
What about TASOs? There are some very small minded people posting today...
TASO's as said above.....

Wear their Regt cap badge and either the OTC they are from OCdt rank slide, or a plain one, or can wear a RMAS one.

When attending an Mod 2/3/4 course will have to remove the capbadge and replace it with a RMAS one. If they have a non blue bret then that too will be replaced for the duration of the course.

Not my idea, but the 'command' from Sandhurst Col incharge of TA Officer Training. He gets very emotional over it.

Morris_Viper said:
The army rank structure last time i looked unless you kwno something i dont.

As it happens I do. They are not the exclusive preserve of the OTC. Now run along and play.

msr