RA OCdt rank slide

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by msr, Nov 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Can anyone point me to a good source of these, as we have some promising TASOs heading in our direction?

msr

2. give them a 2Lt slide with white duct tape/white cloth stitched across it.

3. Ah yes, then they too can look like idiots. :(

4. I had to use black and nasty on mine.

The shame!

There are some floating about, and I'd probably suggest speaking to The School on it.

5. msr

msr LE

Spoke to Garrison PRI and they said they would have to order a minimum of 200 and didn't think there would be sufficient demand.

msr

6. Use a blank slide and as suggested above have your tailor do some white stitching.

7. try cadet direct, they seem to have every other concievable rankslide on offer.

8. Do they hold a commission, no. There is therefore no requirement for them to dress as officers, give them ORs rank slides.

9. msr

msr LE

You really don't have a clue, do you?

msr

10. Commission no, rank yes. Thus they should be equipped with the correct rank slide.

11. Nope, all the rank slides for OCdt either have the OTC they are from, or RMAS on or are bare. The capbadge should be the Regt and only when on Officer Trging should they then remove that and go to a RMAS capbadge. (Assuming they are doing it with the TA at an RTC and not with the OTC, then they keep thier Regt capbadge).

12. msr

msr LE

What about TASOs? There are some very small minded people posting today...

13. Tried Lancashire Embroidery, msr?

14. msr

msr LE

It's going to have to be self help...

15. Seriously, they used to knock up bespoke Xx Yeo ones for me a pair at a time for about a fiver a pair!