ra capbadge

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 307, Jan 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

Update on my RA capbadge needs I need one from somewhere that does 48hr delivery, I have dicked around and suffered the consequences. I really need this fellas, pretty urgent like.
  2. Silvermans is your best bet for metal/staybrite version, if you want officers then look up hand & locke - they are quick

3. i know a shop that sell them, he has shitloads of them in boxes £4-5 a badge
  4. 307

307 War Hero

Is it online?
  5. no but is it local if you want me to get one.
    isn't there an army and navy shop near yours at all ?

In my yoof I was in the RA ACF and I lost my beret and capbadge on camp, I decided instead of facing the music back in the unit I would pop down Silvermans to replace both items

All was fine except I missed the fact that I was wearing a No 1 dress hat badge in a beret :oops:
  7. 307

307 War Hero

It's alright I know the one I want fella, a staybrite issue badge.
  8. if you can't find any locally, i will make some enquiries for you if you want.
  9. 307

307 War Hero

Thanks for the help lads, much appreciated but I've got it sorted now, should be here tomo, just in time for my CMS(R)!
  10. shouldnt have lost the one you were issued then should you,

11. 307

307 War Hero

Didn't lose it, staybrite badges are a pile of gash and mega flimsy, since mine was in rag order I decided it'd be a good idea to get a new one, could have coasted through with a poor one but I'm aiming for excellence!
  12. This might be cynicism but in 21 and a bit years in the OTC, TA and regular Army, nobody has ever got twisted about the state of my cap-badge. I would place it down around the least of your worries, about on a par with anxiety over whether you have ironed the gusset on your spare pair of undercrackers.
  13. If you don't like the staybrite ones go for a gucci brass one then. If they still do 'em that is. Get yourself a decent leatherbanded beret whilst your at it too.
  14. 307

307 War Hero

chcikenpnuk wouldn't you agree it's best to do everything you can to avoid being singled out for a beatsing though..I mean a good beasting everynow and then is lovely, but not to excess!
  15. interesting how you seem to think that they pay ANY attention to berets or capbadges at CMSR. You need only look at my old course photo from my STAB RA days to see that NO f*ker had a decent looking hat and were all in rag order. Best bet to stand out for excellence? sod the uniform - just keep it to the required standard - get your skills right, shoot well and use your initiative. The shiniest soldier is rarely the best, remember...