RA Air Defence desperate for Olympic role?

I questioned the wisdom of deploying Rapier on one for the RA threads.

All that's going to happen is there will be a £million worth of missiles on each launcher that will probably have to be written off after 4 weeks in the hands of the planks.
They'll either paint, polish or lose the feckers! :)

ugly

LE
The only reason the MP is not happy is because with a detachment located at Oxleas woods it will prevent him from going Dogging.
Excuse me but I believe the default setting for Labour MPs is the welsh Defence, I was Badger Watching!

I know 0.338 is authorised to be used from a helo, not sure about sharpshooter at the moment.

But it's OK as the LSW can be fired from a helo too. (Now for the shuffling of piss stained computer chairs slowly getting closer to the computer, just for 'Why not use the SLR!?!' to be hammered into a rich tea crumb covered keyboard.) :)
L129A1 still has the ACOG 6X48 so its not as effective as it could be. Looks like the Puma blokes are ignoring the RTS (no change)

HK417 and G3 are both good sharpshooter weapons used in conjunction with a red dot sight, very effective from the air.

I questioned the wisdom of deploying Rapier on one for the RA threads.

All that's going to happen is there will be a £million worth of missiles on each launcher that will probably have to be written off after 4 weeks in the hands of the planks.
I mentioned elsewhere that we could dust of the Bloodhounds we have stored under B#x H#ll

Nah...that's just the ASW mode activated.
Surprised it didn't do it's usual trick of coming back up doing a Trident impression and land behind the range bunker!

Bloody nice lattes at the cafe mind...and the waitresses weren't bad either. Better stagging-on on a Rapier in Oxleas than patting down sweaty spectators ouside the Olympic park.

uqfegd

pp

I shall provide all the security in my little tank with zero-over as top cover and trans sane as the tea boy Indiana del can be gunner!

Then bring back all the Blowpipe Operators as they proved it did a better job in the Falklands than Rapier how many hits did Rapier get compared to Blowpipe ummh let me see
The last great act of defiance !!

HVM is also being considered for London. Actually Rapier did a lot better than is reputed in the 82 conflict. I don't have the figures to hand but I was last there in February and did the San Carlos Water Battlefield Tour with 11 (Sphynx). A thorough research of the war diaries had been done to revamp the guide. I think there were about 4 confirmed kills and a number of probables. Of course the real aim of air defence is to prevent successful prosecution of ground assets from the air, not necessarily destroy enemy aircraft. BTW one of the few Blowpipe operators to actually hit an Argentine aircraft (and from a merchant ship) is still serving - he's a Major now.

uqfegd

pp

ugly

LE
As for overspends I'd tell LOCOG to find it themselves or pay back what they have been given so far and sell it all off!

I'm still chuckling about the helicopter borne snipers.
Look at it as just another form of biathlon - skis, helicopters, same thing really.

To make it more interesting, instead of fixed targets, participants from each nation are given a copy of their national flag, on a pole, and have to run 5 miles across London to plant it on a designated site. No helicopter can come within, say, 1600 m of the designated site or starting point. No tubes, buses, cars or bikes and only pavements or roads for runners.

For reasons of security, all helicopters and biathletes must be British. Any British runners must be residents of some sink estate in Essex, Yorkshire or any of the West Midlands metropolitan boroughs.

Light entertainment can be provided by the Rapiers firing off a shot or two occasionally to the amusement of the 'targets' and the annoyance of MPs who have their constituencies' SSSIs destroyed by the back-blast or ... hmm, I wonder if the Boxheads would like to join in by sending a flock of V1s across to give the boys and girls on the Bofors something to shoot at? The bookies would love it. 5-1 on the 1420 V1 to hit Brixton.

Rest assured all costs are being captured.

uqfegd

pp
For your pies maybe. What about the Ammo Tech's poor missiles once you lot have had your mitts on them?

They'll not be a firing lead or straight flight surface in sight.

For your pies maybe. What about the Ammo Tech's poor missiles once you lot have had your mitts on them?

They'll not be a firing lead or straight flight surface in sight.
You mean there are some that do work right? So why didn't you miserables bar-stewards give the gunners some to fire. It would have saved lots a ballache of having to go through the traces to prove it wasn't the kit that had the problem.

The only one that ever worked right was in District 9 - hit a spaceship that one did...

Latest Threads