• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

RA 1.5 Mile Times?

Hi new to the forum lads, Im just about to rejoin at 26,just trying to find out the current 1.5 mile times for the RA?? I know the Infantry is 10.30 but i only left that lot last year. If ya know lads give us a heads up.

PFT times is a subject I get a bit miffed about.

Providing you are under 30 the requirement is 10:30 or under.

I am 34 and run a comfortable 9:30 / 9:40

However I can't shoot for shit and failed 3 APWT's on my PDT.

This was treated as acceptable and to my dismay my results were a source of great banter.

As a squaddie deploying to Iraq where I am always on the ground it startles me that although I can pass a PFT but struggle to hit a barn door at 100 paces I'll be ok.

Why is so much emphasis placed on the PFT?

I had to take guys off my task who were shit hot shots because they were 1 second over their PFT times.

blackninja980 said:
However I can't shoot for s*** and failed 3 APWT's on my PDT.

I had to take guys off my task who were s*** hot shots because they were 1 second over their PFT times.
Anybody can be taught to shoot so it's sad that no-one seems to be takng the time to help you.

I'll bet they are 'helping' the guys to pass their PFT.