R Sigs White Helmets team to be disbanded, cost cutting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 90 years the world famous motorcycle team is to be disbanded, the national press do not give a reason, only conjecture, in that the elf & safety jobsworth's have struck again, I strongly suspect its a cost cutting exercise, instigated by MOD or some bean counter in Whitehall, any comments or suggestions?

After 90 years the world famous motorcycle team is to be disbanded, the national press do not give a reason, only conjecture, in that the elf & safety jobsworth's have struck again, I strongly suspect its a cost cutting exercise, instigated by MOD or some bean counter in Whitehall, any comments or suggestions?
I think "World Famous" is over egging it.

Also, their stunts aren't that impressive anymore*, and they're probably not a particularity effective recruiting or retention tool.

Cost probably does come into it - if you haven't noticed, the army is skint. Why keep something of limited use/effect? As a bike rider it'll be sad to see them go, but time marches on.

*look at the x-games etc for much better shows.

The_Duke

LE
Have they been cut again? I thought they had been cut before, judging by all of the previous discussions on the subject.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads