• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

R Sigs TA Transfer to REG R Sigs

Hi

I wanna go from TA TO REG Royal Signals is there a way of doing this without going back throu basic and starting from scatch or can i just transfer.

Any feedback would be great

Cheers Lads

It was tried once by a TA SSgt who tried to become an IS Op, I believed she failed IS Aptitude test (theirs a thread on it hidden away somewhere on this site)

You have to go through the entire recruiting process, even if you have served in Iraq (and gained the gong)

rsigslad said:
so if i was mobilsed i can stay on as a regular soldier
when i came back from telic 3 200 sigs said before i left would you like to stay on :lol: then i got back to chilwell and was told that when my leave finished i could transfered to a reg unit :roll: come back to chilwell for another year doing admin :scratch: or go on a tour to the falklands :censored: i didnt say a word and the clark(who was TA ) new the score and laughed about it i know a few who,ve done it and succeded one is now at 264 and the other is a psi at a sigs unit both had alot of exepriance in there jobs and were natural soldiers both are now airborne trained

Latest Threads