R Sigs TA Transfer to REG R Sigs

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by rsigslad, Aug 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi

    I wanna go from TA TO REG Royal Signals is there a way of doing this without going back throu basic and starting from scatch or can i just transfer.

    Any feedback would be great

    Cheers Lads
  2. What the hell would you want to go and do a stupid thing like that for?

    Get a life!

    Or go for a better corps.....
  3. It was tried once by a TA SSgt who tried to become an IS Op, I believed she failed IS Aptitude test (theirs a thread on it hidden away somewhere on this site)

    You have to go through the entire recruiting process, even if you have served in Iraq (and gained the gong)
  4. so if i was mobilsed i can stay on as a regular soldier
  5. when i came back from telic 3 200 sigs said before i left would you like to stay on :lol: then i got back to chilwell and was told that when my leave finished i could transfered to a reg unit :roll: come back to chilwell for another year doing admin :scratch: or go on a tour to the falklands :censored: i didnt say a word and the clark(who was TA ) new the score and laughed about it i know a few who,ve done it and succeded one is now at 264 and the other is a psi at a sigs unit both had alot of exepriance in there jobs and were natural soldiers both are now airborne trained