R SIGS SCLM in march

If that's all I need to worry about then it'll be a breeze!

I'll hide the crossed swords though

For the other bloke who replied then deleted his thread, it's the senior command and leadership management course, a rehash of the old staffies

I've heard it's all paperwork now with no phys....

(pulls up a sandbag...)

When I was young, it was weeks of digging, 25 hrs a day and when we'd finished, they'd kill us!

If that's all I need to worry about then it'll be a breeze!

I'll hide the crossed swords though

For the other bloke who replied then deleted his thread, it's the senior command and leadership management course, a rehash of the old staffies
When I was there, the course was run by very keen chaps with sand or maroon coloured headress....

I did JCLM two years ago and it was pretty physical . SCLM was concurrent and they did just as much fizz as us . Expect a CFT first day , log runs , assault course and orienteering . Four day exercise at the end , during which you should not count on getting any sleep at all . That said , it's run by the same DS as the JCLM , and was ,without doubt , the best course I have ever done .

I did JCLM two years ago and it was pretty physical . SCLM was concurrent and they did just as much fizz as us . Expect a CFT first day , log runs , assault course and orienteering . Four day exercise at the end , during which you should not count on getting any sleep at all . That said , it's run by the same DS as the JCLM , and was ,without doubt , the best course I have ever done .
Just out of interest how does JCLM and SCLM differ in content to an Infantry JNCO or SNCO cadre. Apart from the fact the infantry courses are in brecon. Does some of the course focus on trade training in future rank or just being a section commander or platoon sgt.

Just out of interest how does JCLM and SCLM differ in content to an Infantry JNCO or SNCO cadre. Apart from the fact the infantry courses are in brecon.
And the equivalent courses in the infantry are in WARMINSTER, they aren't training to be a rifle section comd or Sjt

p.s. or things have changed since I did mine :)

There was no trade training at all . A bit of admin, loose minutes and such like . I can't make comparisons with infantry courses as I know little about them .

So.....how did it go?

I've heard some horror stories which is probably why no one has posted "how good it was".....that and according to sources the drop out rate was so high, the J and S CLM's had to merge and ran as JCLM?

So.....how did it go?

I've heard some horror stories which is probably why no one has posted "how good it was".....that and according to sources the drop out rate was so high, the J and S CLM's had to merge and ran as JCLM?
Thats what i've heard... 1/3 dropped out the first day, so it was a case of Seniors sitting in the same class as Juniors doing the same lessons for the most part... how that helps you as a Sgt wasn't made clear (I expect it helped the DS though). Sounds a bit bonk to me. SCLM shouldn't be a repeat of JCLM... if thats the case then in these times of austerity SCLM should get knocked on the head, as everyone there has already passed JCLM!

Apparently there was a PFA before the AFT, held saturday morning. The bad thing was that this wasn't on the JI's so the guys that turned up on Sat PM ready for Sun AM start got RTU'd on arrival, as they'd missed the PFA they didn't know about. When they explained this to the DS they got told it was in their info pack... you know, the one you pick up on arrival. The same DS then (later in the week) test the course on writing Admin Orders. Luckily they called their RHQ before leaving Blandford and it all got smoothed out.

Anyway, to those that passed, well done. On the plus side you won't have to see 4 Mil Sqn again.

Also rumours that the first 2 miles of said AFT was ran - it caused quite a stir back at the SQN with the PTI's who were saying that you're only allowed 2 x 400m shake-out runs per AFT. Does that mean the remaining squad bimbled back IOT make it back within the set time window??

Agreed - merging the two courses is career-fouling those on both courses by allocating slots usually taken up by the JNCO element, to seniors!? It did stink of making life easier for the DS, instead of having to run two courses!

Definitely well done to those who made it through, let's hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Just on the iPhone so I'll reply properly later

8 miler my arse. It was a 6 mile normal aft. Those who failed dropped out purely through lack of their own fitness.

The dropout rate was high but possibly no higher overall than the regular equivalent.

Due to the numbers the classes were combined for a few classes. A lot of the classes would be a cross over. The Js did their own orders, how to do inspections/parades/drill. We did our own orders, defence writing etc

I'm sure there are a lot of rumours but the course was run very well, if people can't pass a basic fitness test that siggies have to do then fine, they should have been on the course.

On the exercise we had cba, webbing etc on the whole time, doing section attacks with more or less cft weight.

No doubt I'll add a few more comments when I read the rest of the statements.

Good course, pity 1/3rd of the participants were shit

The 2 blokes who turned up late. Out of the 60 or so... Blame the unit not the JIs
How do you work that out? The JI's were read by the students loaded and read by SHQ and RHQ... it said nothing about turning up ready for a PFA at 0800 saturday morning. Its a key fact to miss eh? If the JI's had been 100% clear on it i'd have expected 4 Mil to stand their ground against our RHQ and RTU, as it was the two were taken on the course because 4 Mil didn't have a leg to stand on. What I wonder is how did the other 58 people know... did they doubt their reading ability to the point that they all called up blandford to confirm?

It said be there on Friday. Both the Js and Ss said the same thing. The lass who came with me for the Js cse had the same start date.

Doesn't matter what we have to do once we are there.

Out of the 2 blokes who came late. One of them passed and the other bailed out of the cft 5 mins from the end.