• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

r sigs flash

might be roumer control but i have seen quite a few other units wearing a blue and white flash, is it just for the telic? is it just for certain units or all r sigs personnel? will this be on cs95 greens? i heard it was a new thing and have spotted two sigs units wearing them now. anyone got the official information?

cheers, easy

It is not rumour it is true. Not just for Telic it is corp wide.

A small blue and white flash 12cm down on the right arm. I believe it goes back to our Engineer heritage, not sure. this accompanies the Union Jack on the left shoulder. Only other badges allowed are SF and certain trade badges.

The dress policy came for badges on CS95 came out early last year. Amazing how many units have chosen to ignore it and continue to use independant unit flashes.

Check out the inside front cover of the latest edition of the wire for the offical low down on the blue and white DZ flash.

It is now part of R SIGNALS dress policy.

If the recent BBC TV Dunkirk programme is correct, we wore them at the begining of WW2.

You also have to be fully trade trained to wear it.

Only other badges allowed are SF and certain trade badges.
Is this true? No Bde or Regt flashes ?

'We don't need no stinking badges!'

Grr, more bloody badges. It's all terribly american.

Bah, Humbug, [rustle the telegraph angrily]

big-timer said:
'We don't need no stinking badges!'

Grr, more bloody badges. It's all terribly american.

]
Oh! You mean like

Combat
Radio
Man (well maybe this isn't so american)

In the days of BATTLE dress everyone wore nice blue flashes with ROYAL SIGNALS embroidered in white. The dear lineys and drivers even had special armless leather jerkins so the rupe's could still read which arm/regiment the wearer served in.

Where does the “Big 4” come into play in this badge-a-thon we are going through….You know “Name, Rank, Number, DOB”. The way I see it any hostile intelligence agency can gather Corp and unit at a glance…surly this can give an “interviewer” a upper hand? (They can also tell if you can point a rifle down a field the right way)

I think it’s bollox and all the guys I talk to think the same. I think it was some board, near pension ‘person’ that thought that reintroducing it was a damn fine idea between mid afternoon naps. (Wish I had time to buy shares in the company that produces these flashes).

23C +

The old tactical flash was white over blue.
I think there used to be a white over blue arm band as well. (mostly for non Corps "signallers")

Is this new TRF white over blue?

do 7 sigs and 21 sigs still wear thier patches?

7 had a rectangle on thier left arm with corp colour background and a red spearhead in the centre...

21 had a square with corps colours and a red beaufighter in the centre

Rincewind

Rincewind said:
do 7 sigs and 21 sigs still wear thier patches?

7 had a rectangle on thier left arm with corp colour background and a red spearhead in the centre...

21 had a square with corps colours and a red beaufighter in the centre

Rincewind
7 Still did when I left there (2001), may have changed now though.

was funny cos 7 only got theres after i drove my OC troop there for tea and biscuits and McDowell / McDonnald - forgot his name, saw my beaufighter and said to my OC (Cant remember his name - used to be RSM at JCUNI, refered to as Cpt Cnutface - but was a top bloke) anyway the CO of 7 saw my patch and said to OC, Hmmmm, i got to get me one of them for my boys....hey presto - 7 wore spearheads from then on. (so hang on, its my fault...oooops)

Rincewind

Mighty_Blighty said:
So you're the reason I used to get extras for not having the patch on fekkin everthing I owned - now i know :twisted:

Sleep with on eye open :wink:
Dude, so sorry. if it hadnt have been me, some other 21 sigger would have caused it. but they were smart as fcuk though wernt they?

Rincewind

Latest Threads