r sigs flash

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by easy-wan-kenobi, Apr 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. might be roumer control but i have seen quite a few other units wearing a blue and white flash, is it just for the telic? is it just for certain units or all r sigs personnel? will this be on cs95 greens? i heard it was a new thing and have spotted two sigs units wearing them now. anyone got the official information?

cheers, easy
  2. msr

msr LE

As far as I know, it's for all R SIGNALS units. I've stitched mine on to keep the RSM happy.

3. It is not rumour it is true. Not just for Telic it is corp wide.

A small blue and white flash 12cm down on the right arm. I believe it goes back to our Engineer heritage, not sure. this accompanies the Union Jack on the left shoulder. Only other badges allowed are SF and certain trade badges.

The dress policy came for badges on CS95 came out early last year. Amazing how many units have chosen to ignore it and continue to use independant unit flashes.
  4. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Check out the inside front cover of the latest edition of the wire for the offical low down on the blue and white DZ flash.

It is now part of R SIGNALS dress policy.
  5. 11D

11D Old-Salt

My mistake......NOT a DZ flash but a tactical recognition flash.
  6. If the recent BBC TV Dunkirk programme is correct, we wore them at the begining of WW2.

You also have to be fully trade trained to wear it.

Is this true? No Bde or Regt flashes ?
  7. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

8. YES but it is still a bit silly in my view. for what its worth
  9. 'We don't need no stinking badges!'

Grr, more bloody badges. It's all terribly american.

Bah, Humbug, [rustle the telegraph angrily]
  10. Oh! You mean like

Man (well maybe this isn't so american)

In the days of BATTLE dress everyone wore nice blue flashes with ROYAL SIGNALS embroidered in white. The dear lineys and drivers even had special armless leather jerkins so the rupe's could still read which arm/regiment the wearer served in.
  11. Surely it is bad enough having to wear that silly cap badge without having everyone know you are a scaley in helmet rig.

12. Oh I say...ding dong...

13. 23C

23C Clanker

Where does the “Big 4” come into play in this badge-a-thon we are going through….You know “Name, Rank, Number, DOB”. The way I see it any hostile intelligence agency can gather Corp and unit at a glance…surly this can give an “interviewer” a upper hand? (They can also tell if you can point a rifle down a field the right way)

I think it’s bollox and all the guys I talk to think the same. I think it was some board, near pension ‘person’ that thought that reintroducing it was a damn fine idea between mid afternoon naps. (Wish I had time to buy shares in the company that produces these flashes).

23C +
  14. The old tactical flash was white over blue.
    I think there used to be a white over blue arm band as well. (mostly for non Corps "signallers")

Is this new TRF white over blue?
  15. do 7 sigs and 21 sigs still wear thier patches?

7 had a rectangle on thier left arm with corp colour background and a red spearhead in the centre...

21 had a square with corps colours and a red beaufighter in the centre