R&R in cyprus then UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spad, Jul 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does any one know if its possible to R&R in cyprus for a week then a week back in blighty before you return?

even if you have to fly your self back to blighty to catch the next plane

cheers in advance

2. You'll only be allowed to get off and stay in Cyprus if you're based there. If not, then you'll have to go back to Germany / UK first.
  3. rubbish! cheers for the heads up,

take it there's no way of jumping on a yank flight for 2 weeks either with all the paper work they need to keep tabs on us?
  4. If you managed that I'd also buy a lottery ticket the same day.
  5. Try speaking to the movers and explaining the situation. I presume (Dangerous I know) that you want to meet family in Cyprus then fly back to the UK independently to return to Theatre from Brize.

If you let them know in advance they may be able to sort something (whisper it quietly but) I found the movers in KAF extremely helpful. If you don't ask, you don't get
  6. Jumping on a yank flight? Good luck - if you think our movers are bad, wait till you meet the US movers in Bagram. A US colleague of mine tried to get home recently but was told that because his initial deployment orders (i.e. move US - Afghan) didnt show he was returning to the US, he had to get new orders to board his flight, even though all his paperwork showed he was due to return home . Due to the US system, he's been waiting for more than a week for said new orders to arrive.

The US system is even more labrythine and officious than our own - so, if you can make it onto a US flight then I'll be seriously impressed!
  7. It may also be worth running it past your chain of command; they may also have some advice for you.
  8. Thanks for the replys guys, I'll skip the argro of the yank system and stick with the UK movers then,

And correct its too see the family in cyprus for a holiday before a wistle stop tour in the uk for friends,

The CoC said its been done before but had no idea how to go about it, so for a quick reply I thought I would see what was said here,
    My CoC still hasnt come back with an enlightened answer, but I'll go chat up the movers with some haribo and see what they say

thanks guys