R&R flights

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by IOW_FREEDOM_FIGHTERS, Jan 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard a rumour that R&R flights only rtn Brize and then you make your own way home, even if you are in BFG.

It happend to two people i know, last week. Was this a one off.
  2. When I flew out of Brize the other week we stopped off in Germany and a number of pax got off before the flight continued into country.

I believe that is the regular way of doing it?
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Why dont you ask on E-Goat?
    They might only fly to Brize but then you'll probaby get a train warrent to Heathrow & a ticket to a German main airport,That's what happened to me once coming back from leave in NI.Herc C-130 to Lynham from RAF Aldergrove.But that was a one off,mainly used to fly straight from Guthersloh to Aldergrove with a stop at Brize.
  4. Because one would have to join to ask. Its just not done.

Its an image thing 8)
  5. R&R from where?

(Slug puts her sensible head on)
  6. One thing to add they only have to get you to your home base location or 15 miles around that area. Just something to be aware of.
  7. It depends on the number of people going abck to BFG. You could be lucky and get a direct flight to BFG, or the other option is fly to Brize, coach to Stansted/ Heatrow and civil flight to BFG and your unit picks you up from the airport and drops you at your house. Ideal solution, dosn't always work though.
  8. The flights are doing BFG then onto UK the usual airports and not just Brize.
    However if your due to go on tour order a new ID card as the one you have may be scratched :roll:
    or cracked and you wont fly. Thats no wah as we have two lads who are awaiting their ID cards
    so they can go on r n r and the rest of the regt (almost not quite) have ordered a new one.
    I know this is wrong and mucks the system up but would you want to run the risk?
    Its something to do with the country we go through not the RAF's fault at all (for once) :wink: :D
  9. I second that, ID cards are required to be perfect or else it causes major drama for the individual.
  10. They will be waiting a while, I ordered mine in early Dec still not arrived, even though its for Operations :roll:
  11. Your getting mugged of there mate our lot are getting them in less than 2 weeks now.
    Chase clerical ops our RAOWO is spot on and he got it sorted for the Regt a few weeks ago.