R*n S*l**od, RIP?

Guys, not 3RTR myself, ex-QRIH, but I did a Gunnery Instructor's Course at Lulworth, 1985-86. If I've got the right bloke, R*n was in our class,(do you need OPSEC for RIP?) and was, shall we say, a larger than life character. 3RTR through and through, and a top bloke. At the time, he was based at Barker, Paderborn. Reading your threads can be difficult because of the Opsec limitations, but I saw R*n S*l***d mentioned, and I resolved to ask members of his Regiment for any info, or if I've even got the right man?
Many thanks.

Beas*y was a great bloke and as hard as nails used to S**T myself when saw him in our sqn bar when i was a NIG RIP beas*Y

Nosferatu said:
Guys, not 3RTR myself, ex-QRIH, but I did a Gunnery Instructor's Course at Lulworth, 1985-86. If I've got the right bloke, R*n was in our class,(do you need OPSEC for RIP?) and was, shall we say, a larger than life character. 3RTR through and through, and a top bloke. At the time, he was based at Barker, Paderborn. Reading your threads can be difficult because of the Opsec limitations, but I saw R*n S*l***d mentioned, and I resolved to ask members of his Regiment for any info, or if I've even got the right man?
Many thanks.
You got the right man, unfortunately I cannot help with details. Ron was a good guy. I still remember the terror of a 0200(ish) run from the famous Django Bar to Hamburg Reeperbahn, I thought the speedo had accidently stuck to 120 MPH(or whatever) end of the scale.

RIP

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Aaaah the Django Bar. Stand by for all the Django Bar reminiscences again.