• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

R IRISH homecoming parade changed to appease Sinn Fein

Tytus_Barnowl said:
Are'nt islamic terrorists under a black flag. I remember one of the Bin laden quotes "one world nation under the black flag of islam presided over by god"
Maybe the release of baloons shows their solidarity with bin liner and his cronies. Lets face it, bin laden got the idea that he could blackmail governments from somewhere, sinn feinn were his inspiration.
:cry: :cry:
TB
Yes, all those flying bin liners were treated as a joke around where I stood, all right. And we got a flypast. OK, it was only a Police chopper, and a Gazelle made an appearance (pity they didn't coordinate their flightplans, though).

What I did like was the number of women marching, under all sorts of beret, and the number of big wide smiles on the faces of the troops.

Well done to all concerned

you lads did a good job across the waters

you have the right to celebrate

whereas those criminal bastard thugs deserve to still be in prison

and not allowed procreate

well done to all concerned It means so much to see that everything went so well .

According to the BBC news 2000 against the parade and thirty thousand for it.

Adams said it was disgusting, now where is the address of several American newspapers?

davyskyblue said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/default.stm

Not much point in trying to restrict the music the band were playing, as the applause & cheers of the many thousands on the streets to welcome home our troops even drowned out the band.

Very proud to say i was there, and having taken part in regimental parades in lurgan, Lisburn and Balmoral, i can say that this is a day these troops will never forget.
Funny that only 1 Plt of Royal Irish( out of a full battle group ) where on Parade the rest had no intrest in being used as polictical pawns for the unionist partys . that says it all i think who wants to be oggled at by morons who didn't care that the regiment was involved in this conflict over 2 years ago .

Just back in having done the customary Belfast beer thing.... God.. That hour between 12 & 1 was long!

I must have the biggest collection of photographs of hackles on record, could see little else..... I did see the guys and girls smiling a lot though & would be willing to put money on the maternity wards having to draft extra staff about nine months hence....

Nice wee bit at St. Annes too.

I'm going to borrow from a tune used by "those people"... 'Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All'.

I hope Belfast did you proud Guys.... We tried. :wink:

Well done KC1982-a reasoned response from an Ulsterman. No wonder it took so long to resolve the troubles with natives like you on both sides. I have no time for many of the Unionists I saw over there and even less for inbreeds such as yourself.

You should be happy about one more step to normalization, since it is this process that has allowed NI to enter the 21st century.

Northern Monkey said:
Well done KC1982-a reasoned response from an Ulsterman. No wonder it took so long to resolve the troubles with natives like you on both sides. I have no time for many of the Unionists I saw over there and even less for inbreeds such as yourself.

You should be happy about one more step to normalization, since it is this process that has allowed NI to enter the 21st century.
Yeah cheers for that , the point i was trying to make is politicial partys using troops as PR tools to get there hand up on the others

Many Thanks

kc1982kc said:
Yeah cheers for that , the point i was trying to make is politicial partys using troops as PR tools to get there hand up on the others

Many Thanks
Yeah, so me and the mates were there for the DUP?

Please... FFS.

Biscuits_Brown said:
kc1982kc said:

Many Thanks

Please... FFS.
Depends on the circumstances do you really think that big of a crowd would have showed up if it whern't for sinn fein having demo's etc ( there was certian elements there just waiting for trouble ) .
There was of course people like yourself who would have been there regardless , it wasn't a dig at anyone it is just a fact .

'Course... it's Belfast.

But feck them... Anybody that went looking for trouble was disappointed.

The parade today was excellent, there'll always will be a number of cnuts either loyalist or republican looking for trouble or trying to get their twisted, murdering beliefs across, no difference in either of them except the colours they supposedly support. Compare this with the young men and women marching proudly in their own city today, they should be held up as role models for our broken society. The reception the troops got today from Belfast was fantastic, and they deserved every bit, I could see them actually grow in their uniform as they marched past, and some of them, (including many of the crowd and even myself), could be seen trying to get a wee bit of dirt from out of my eye. Well done guys!!

Biscuits_Brown said:
'Course... it's Belfast.

But feck them... Anybody that went looking for trouble was disappointed.
But on the flip side it was a good day for the boys , nothing else would happen in the UK like that , so it was win win.

Only thing was H4H should of had the collectors out ( money talks and all that ) :D

It was so good to see so many try, and fail... To hide smiles.

You're home now lads.... No need for pretence.

It's like being in yer ma's.....

kc1982kc said:
Biscuits_Brown said:
kc1982kc said:

Many Thanks

Please... FFS.
Depends on the circumstances do you really think that big of a crowd would have showed up if it whern't for sinn fein having demo's etc ( there was certian elements there just waiting for trouble ) .
There was of course people like yourself who would have been there regardless , it wasn't a dig at anyone it is just a fact .
If you had been there, you would have seen that the number of clowns in the welcoming crowd was very small indeed - there's always a few morons in any throng; just attend a football match and see for yourself (although I suspect the ratios are higher). I only saw them on the television afterwards, along with the small gang of groupies around Adams et al. I wasn't there out of any fellow-feeling for the few politicians who bimbled along, and in fact they were booed - good naturedly - as they went past my bit of pavement.

The figures I've seen quoted for the crown have ranged between 30,000 and 50,000. Half of them had cups of coffee from those shops making a killing by opening; lots were very young or very old, all were happy to see the soldiers marching past the City Hall. The woman taking the salute was the Lord Mayoress (I think; I've never seen her before and don't know her name, which is how I like my politicians) with the GOC grinning like a cheshire cat below the podium. All around Donegall Square the people were cheering as loud as I've heard a crowd cheer, clapping even though they couldn't see a thing, and behaving very well indeed. It looked like there was a pretty good cross-section of society there.

As a morale-lifting event, it was excellent, for all the time the march took. Adams and his ilk would have never seen anything like that amount of goodwill and good cheer in their hate-filled lives. Screw them.

If you're right in your cynical assertions (and I don't think you are) then it had the welcome by-product of allowing these lads to feel at home in their own home. Not such a bad thing that, surely?

Just got back from Belfast and have to say the parade was excellent and there was a massive turnout. The lads did themselves proud!

Glad none of the nobbers spoiled the day. Most people laughed at the black balloons sent up as they looked pretty pathetic. The wind blew them away from the parade aswell. Seemed to be a lot of people hanging round waiting for trouble but nothing came about.

Im quite impressed there wasnt any trouble as it seemed a bit tense leading up to the parade but i think the PSNI had it well covered.

Well done to the lads in the parade, the noise from the crowds showing there support was excellent.

Anyone know why there was only maybe 2 coys on the parade though, was expecting a bigger contingent?

Just one arrest. A 16 year old child who has lived in NI during the most peaceful times and probably is too young to remember a PVCP or Army Land Rover so the question must be, WTF is going on? Do the parents stick their babies feet first into manure and say, "Grow hatred"?

PandaLOVE said:
Just one arrest. A 16 year old child who has lived in NI during the most peaceful times and probably is too young to remember a PVCP or Army Land Rover so the question must be, WTF is going on? Do the parents stick their babies feet first into manure and say, "Grow hatred"?
Looking round some of the areas, yes i think some of them might!