R IRISH homecoming parade changed to appease Sinn Fein

Biscuits_Brown said:
Always been a tad 'liberal' with the dress regs. Have the Irish Regiments.

Just been informed by my regular taxi driver that his firm won't be doing City Centre runs in the morning for an hour either side of the Parade. Seeing as we don't have a Sunday bus service and I'm currently sans motor.... I've a long walk.
Contact ,and will try to help.

lucyisobel said:
Contact ,and will try to help.
Thanks, but solved by arranging to kip on mate's sofa after work tonight.

Trahere said:
davyskyblue said:
Why are they wearing the cabbage and plume, with combats, when by regs they should be wearing the green beret and the harp & crown?
the cabbage & plume (or as some call it the caubeen & hackle) should be worn with number 2 dress uniform not with dpm.

come to that, why do they insist on caling their privates rangers when the rangers ceased to exixt in '92?
Tradition? Very good trait found within the British army
Green beret was worn by all Battalions until only recently, when the caubeen was adopted as permanent head-dress to distinquish between 1st Battalion and the HS Battalions.

Royal Irish Rangers was the name carried on by the TA Battalion until last year.

Hope this helps

I thought they were supposed to wear the beret +badge of the U.D.R. when on ops. I seem to remember a film clip from golf 2 and seeing the funny hat with stuffed budgie being worn,so is someone rewriting the dress codes? I've also heard that someone is trying to alter the badge. Not sure what they're called now but given the last two it won't be what they're supposed to be!

Statement from Jean Mc Bride regarding proposed British Army Parade in Belfast
Issued through the Pat Finucane Centre Thursday Oct 30

Speaking today Jean Mc Bride said,

“There have been many dark days since my son Peter was murdered in September 1992. When the two soldiers convicted of his murder, Mark Wright and James Fisher, were granted early release in 1995
it was a blow.

When they were reinstated in the army, despite their murder convictions it was a blow. They were posted to the Irish Guards Regiment as if to make the point that the murderers of an
Irish citizen belonged in a so-called ‘Irish’ regiment. *.

When the MoD decided they could remain in the army despite a judge’s ruling that no exceptional grounds existed to justify the decision it was yet another blow.

I now learn that soldiers of the Irish Guards, the regiment which includes the murderer of my son, are to march a couple of miles from my home.

When Peter’s killers were sent to Iraq I said that my sympathies were with the Iraqi mothers whose sons might fall foul of the convicted murderers that were sent there. But I want to know which officials in the MoD thought it right to parade the Irish Guards through Peter’s home town. James Fisher was convicted of the murder of my son and he remains in the Irish Guards Regiment.

Will James Fisher be marching through Belfast?

Will his company or platoon be marching through Belfast or will his Commanding Officer be taking the salute?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Neville21 said:

“There have been many dark days since my son Peter was murdered in September 1992. When the two soldiers convicted of his murder, Mark Wright and James Fisher, were granted early release in 1995
it was a blow.

When they were reinstated in the army, despite their murder convictions it was a blow. They were posted to the Irish Guards Regiment as if to make the point that the murderers of an

When the MoD decided they could remain in the army despite a judge’s ruling that no exceptional grounds existed to justify the decision it was yet another blow.

I now learn that soldiers of the Irish Guards, the regiment which includes the murderer of my son, are to march a couple of miles from my home.

When Peter’s killers were sent to Iraq I said that my sympathies were with the Iraqi mothers whose sons might fall foul of the convicted murderers that were sent there. But I want to know which officials in the MoD thought it right to parade the Irish Guards through Peter’s home town. James Fisher was convicted of the murder of my son and he remains in the Irish Guards Regiment.

Will his company or platoon be marching through Belfast or will his Commanding Officer be taking the salute?
No worse than Gery Adams being in Stormont is it, cnut!

What about that other murdering slaag being 'education minister' in NI?

If it's ok for these murdering wnakers being ministers in the corridoors of power . . .

Tish & tash.... Our boys and girls are home and tomorrow we'll be out to let them know we appreciate them and are glad they're back.

Everything else is immaterial.

There are no IRA parades, there should be no British Army parades. Another weekend of bullsh1t where all the businesses in the city have to close because of a another march

Ah,so the organisers of Sinn Fein's parade are not nor ever have any connection to the IRA then...?
I hope Mark Wright and James Fisher are on the parade,I'll buy them a pint.

Neville21 said:
There are no IRA parades, there should be no British Army parades. Another weekend of bullsh1t where all the businesses in the city have to close because of a another march
Get fcuked you Provo loving sh1thead.

Explain how you equate murdering terrorists with a British Army unit returning from a war zone without making yourself look like a bigger cnut than you already are.

Neville21 said:
there should be no British Army parades.
But there are. :wink:

Now bore off and be oppressed somewhere else.

Neville21 said:

it was a blow.

When they were reinstated in the army, despite their murder convictions it was a blow. They were posted to the [/b]Irish Guards Regiment as if to make the point that the murderers of an

I now learn that soldiers of the
Irish Guards, the regiment which includes the murderer of my son, are to march a couple of miles from my home.

When Peter’s killers were sent to Iraq I said that my sympathies were with the Iraqi mothers whose sons might fall foul of the convicted murderers that were sent there. But I want to know which officials in the MoD thought it right to parade the
Irish Guards through Peter’s home town. James Fisher was convicted of the murder of my son and he remains in the Irish Guards Regiment.

Don,t think he will be there as its The First Battalion The
Royal Irish Regiment marching .

But if he was there with his regiment i would gladly welcome him :twisted:

Neville21 said:
It's a sunday. Businesses won't be opening before 1pm. The parade is way before that. By the time businesses are open there will be several thousand "extra" potential customers from those watching the parade already in the city centre when Marks and Sparks etc fling open their doors. Ker-ching. As for no IRA parades - ballicks. Have you that short a memory you don't remember the furore of a provo "colour party" participating in a recent parade in Belfast city centre? Google it and then bore off from here.

Neville21 said:
Oi! Dimwhit. These are soldiers of Ireland returning home from Afghanistan. There is no equivalence you stupid sod. You do know there are Catholics and Southern Irish in it? Hardly a unionist parade.

Businesses are not closing because of a "British parade" but because stupid swine want to portray it as such and protest. They are relying upon identity politicals such as yourself not to think.

eSeL said:
Trahere said:
davyskyblue said:
Why are they wearing the cabbage and plume, with combats, when by regs they should be wearing the green beret and the harp & crown?
the cabbage & plume (or as some call it the caubeen & hackle) should be worn with number 2 dress uniform not with dpm.

come to that, why do they insist on caling their privates rangers when the rangers ceased to exixt in '92?
Tradition? Very good trait found within the British army
Green beret was worn by all Battalions until only recently, when the caubeen was adopted as permanent head-dress to distinquish between 1st Battalion and the HS Battalions.

Royal Irish Rangers was the name carried on by the TA Battalion until last year.

Hope this helps
IIRC The Caubeen is worn by the General service battalion whereas the Home Service Battallion wear the Green Beret derived from the UDR, the Crown and harp is worn throughout the regiment. which came from the Royal Ulster Rifles.
as to the Ranger title that was from the Southern Irish regiment prior to 1922, the previous Royal Irish Regiment was known as the 18th of Foot and was disbanded along with the Connaught Rangers in 1922 along with 3 other Irish regiment.

The current RIR consist of these antecent regiment Royal Irish Rangers formed in 1968 and the UDR formed in 1970, there were some Irish Fusilier Regiment such as Royal Innskilling Fusiliers (1881) and Royal Irish Fusiliers (1920) prior to that, however none of these titles are used in the current regiment.

At its inception of the R Irish the idea was for a dual wearing of both the beret and caubeen. This has rightfully (in my humble opinion) given way to the caubeen being the sole headress for the R Irish. The full title reflects its antecedent regiments and is no way connected to a previous Royal Irish Regiment.
Regards.

Neville21 said:
Are these the same businesses in the city centre that shin vain under their other guise spend near 40 years bombing?

Looking forward to the news tomorrow evening, as the brave young men of Ireland, North and South get a well deserved heroes welcome through the streets to the Old Soldiers Service in St Annes Cathedral, the rebel scum will be fighting between each other as the old provos try to keep their children and nephews of the RD's under control