R.I.P Clive Burr (Iron Maiden Drummer)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by arry, Mar 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. R.I.P Clive

Thank you for my misspent youth.

Up the Irons!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The good old early days before Nicko. Not that I mind Nicko you understand. His "listen with Nicko" tracks on the singles were excellent.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. As I'm not yet old enough to have received my telegram from the Queen, I had to Google this 'Iron Maiden'.

My research has led to the conclusion that they're some sort of early version of One Direction.

Popular with women at the time, but now supported entirely by insecure men with flabby arms and leather jackets who see this symbol as an expression of rebellion, rather than the cringe-worthy display of sheep-like obedience it actually represents.

4. Unlike one direction, iron maiden can write their own material, play instruments, and attract 250, 000 audiences.

Rip Clive, sadly missed. Up the Irons!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Well thats a ****** aint it RIP
  6. Fella from Yes popped it as well not a good day for the old timers
  7. Sad new's indeedy... Will have a few beerios tonight for him whilst listening to "The Number of the beast album".....
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Just got home from work, found out the news........."Invaders" CRANKED, Check. Nice cold brew, Check.

RIP Clive, Many thanks for contributing to my youth.

Debating on going to Download Festival 2013 to see Maiden, Should be a cracker.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. "I was there for Clive"

Brixton Academy march 2002

They sold all the merchandise for The Clive Burr MS Trust Fund. You know how HM fans love a black T! Great gig.

RIP Clive, Up the Irons!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

11. I saw the film that Tarrantino did about you, the other week. It was very enjoyable. Glad you got your freedom.
  12. Who?, if it's not The Clash its not important.
  13. I bought Killers on cassette from the Naafi at Cambrai after my first pay parade....then realised wouldn't be able to listen to it until first home weekend as radio/cassettes were verboten....well worth the wait tho! Still got it!
    Some odd things were on my shopping list that night...Dura what????
  14. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

It was touch and go for a while mate. Lucky the guys with the wonky pillowcases on their heads didn't get me.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)