Quote button

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by in_the_cheapseats, Dec 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Boss,

I seem to have lost the quote button in posts . Am I just going blind or have I missed a major change to the layout?

2. Do the Bosses "want" you to post??

Sorry cheapseats - coodny resist!! :D :D

3. in_the_cheapseats

Who knows? :D

I don't think I use it that often to p1ss them off!

4. Dunno what's up mate..??

Got the function here - or I did till I tried to reply to Current affairs forum thread "ID Cards" lmao. :D

When you consider some my biff posts (a few of which were done sober) I'm surprised I've not been booted off/barred sine die.

Mods - great website - I spend too much time on it to be honest...

5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

No problem my end.

6. in_the_cheapseats

Still missing in what ever forum I go to. Bizarre..

7. just move your mouse 1/2 inch to the left of post reply and see if you get the finger :)

8. ha ha ha ha @ the Taffster...

"see if you get the finger" .....

9. in_the_cheapseats

Ha ha - it's hidden! Thanks Taffnp. Saying that, it still shouldn't be doing that. Bug?

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Can you post a screenshot showing the problem - all looks fine to me, and I can't work out what the issue is exactly from the posts so far. Also nothing has changed for months.

11. in_the_cheapseats

Will do if someone can tell me how...... :oops:

12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Go to screen

Press PrtScn

Copy into Word Doc

Post on arrse and use the add attachment facility

Attached Files:

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Image below is from that screenshot (thanks Elovabloke) and mine is the same.

So just to be clear, yours isn't where I've put the big red arrow in_the_cheap_seats? Could you describe where it is compared to that? Or missing altogether? Also could you tell me which browser your using, from Help, About in the top menu please.

14. in_the_cheapseats

Right,

Worked out how to put an attachment up. Only taken me three years....

Correct. The quote button touch area is there but the quote key to cover it is missing.

I'm using Chrome as a browser.

Help any?

Attached Files:

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Chrome would explain it. I thought it was odd that no one else had the same problem. My answer then is not very sympathetic - it's not reasonable to expect us to support beta software, nor to expect beta software itself to work perfectly. It's behaviour is sure to change or it wouldn't be Beta and altering the site to fit to something that's sure to change wouldn't be sensible.

Once Chrome is released we will of course have to support it, but for the time being you'll have to live with it I'm afraid. Sorry! (same goes for IE8 so please don't feel persecuted :) )